Slowness (on topic)

Birdblue

I’m curious and I know that I have asked this before and I’m sorry to ask again but management seems to be real pushy about speed and they ask about how much scans we have and I usually get about anywhere to 575 to 750 round abouts and and I didn’t know if they could use that against me to fire me. Need help please because I don’t want to lose my job.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I’m curious and I know that I have asked this before and I’m sorry to ask again but management seems to be real pushy about speed and they ask about how much scans we have and I usually get about anywhere to 575 to 750 round abouts and and I didn’t know if they could use that against me to fire me. Need help please because I don’t want to lose my job.
It is very unusual for someone to lose their job simply for productivity.

Don't be pressured into other mistakes.

Do the job exactly as you are trained and eventually you will probably have the easiest job available to you.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I've experienced it already last February, who cares.
The kid is complaining now that I can load 300+ packages in the first hour but only 100 or so from there on out. I tell them if I ever worked faster it would be because they provided a stack table or gap and an even remotely decent load dispatch for my drivers.
I don't sabotage my loads for their goddam statistics.

RolloTony Brown Town

No you won’t lose your job but god your slow lol

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
One of the senior drivers I worked with when I first made friend/T used to always say “I’m like a wheelbarrow the more they give me the slower I go.”

J.R.

We
Well, if you're missorts are down then as a whole you shouldn't worry about being fired. Do the best you can. If you're new your speed will pick up the longer you do the job. Some supervisors are just pushy but don't let that get to you.

Whitelightning1534

Long story short if a person is really working that slow than said person will eventually get terminated a guy at my hub just recently got terminated for unloading too slow the company sees it as waisting their time they need people who are gonna at least put some effort in

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
At least your shoes were spiffy.
5c879a013273b739957256.gif

Last edited:

Arch

Try working super fast around them and then collapse to the ground and pretend your hurt. If management asked if your ok, tell them your going to sue.

RxSatellite

If you're that worried about it, ask yourself where you're losing time and work on those spots. Eventually you'll get faster or you'll figure out the job isn't for you. But dont let those PT sups get in your head. I'd rather my truck was loaded slow and correctly than having to deal with mis-sorts and stops on the wrong shelf.

Also get sleep, eat right and exercise. It's physically demanding and ya can't just go in with a hangover or 4 hours sleep and expect to do well.