Smalls sort 1.00$ skilled removed from my check

Timothy1234

hello,
i have worked for UPS for 14 years and have been in smalls sorting for about 13 years. i have always had a extra dollar for working smalls sort skilled. but in November it was removed from my pay rate. my manager says its a union thing. is this true? or am i being ripped off?
Timothy

Poop Head

Judge me.
hello,
i have worked for UPS for 14 years and have been in smalls sorting for about 13 years. i have always had a extra dollar for working smalls sort skilled. but in November it was removed from my pay rate. my manager says its a union thing. is this true? or am i being ripped off?
Timothy
Are you still sorting them by slic?

Nah
hello,
Timothy

You should have been grandfathered in. Call your BA.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
"Article 22 Sections 5. Wages
(a) Part-time Employees

All part-time employees who have attained seniority as of August 1, 2018 will receive the following general wage increases for each contract year but will in no case receive less than the hourly start rate specifed on August 1st 2018-2022 as set forth in (b) below.

The total wage increase for each year will be as follows:
2018 seventy cents ($0.70) 2019 seventy-fve cents ($0.75) 2020 eighty cents ($0.80) 2021 ninety cents ($0.90) 2022one dollar ($1.00)

(b) Newly hired part-time employees
In recognition of the fact that all of the Company’s part-time jobs require skills and to eliminate the two (2) tier progression existing in prior contracts, the parties have agreed to establish one uniform hourly rate for part-time employees who would have been subject to a progression. As such, all part-time employees, who are hired or reach seniority after August 1, 2018 will be paid according to the following wage schedules:

August 1, 2018 $13.00 August 1, 2019 $14.00 August 1, 2020 $14.50 August 1, 2021 $15.00 August 1, 2022 $15.50

(c) The wage rates and increases provided in (a) and (b) shall be a minimum.

(d) All part-time employees governed by this Article shall be pro- vided a minimum daily three and one-half (3-1/2) hour guarantee.

(e) Seniority part-time employees who are receiving an hourly rate higher than set forth above in Section (b), as a result of a Market Rate Adjustment, shall not have their hourly rate reduced due to the implementation of this Article."

Your rate should be what you were making before, minus the skill rate, plus the annual general wage increase, at a minimum.

Nah
@Timothy1234

After rereading the section I posted above, I agree with @Sudz. The elimination of the skilled wage is only for newbs, unless you have something saying otherwise in your regional supplement or local contract.

I mean, we could both be wrong. But my BA told me exactly that: It's supposed to be grandfathered. That's why he needs to call his BA and find out if it would be the same for him.

Oak

If you will look when you change your time code on the computer L10 small sort still shows skilled sort. Time card viewer on upsers also shows skilled.

They can't do this. You need to talk to your BA and file a grievance. I filed back in December and am expecting to learn more this week.

BradOcean

A grievance has been filed here at my local for this same situation. It was filed under article 17 and article 22. We are still waiting on our BA at this time, this has affected a handful of part timers in my building. Here is the thread.

Removal of skilled pay

Timothy1234

Thanks for the responses.what does BA stand for? sorry. i never had to use the union before so im new to this even though ive been working for UPS for 14 years

Thanks for the responses.what does BA stand for? sorry. i never had to use the union before so im new to this even though ive been working for UPS for 14 years
Business Agent. FT Union employee that is suppose to know all of the ins and outs of the contract. Some are real good at it and some not. You can tell the good ones because all of the sups radios start going off and they stop working.