Smoke up Jonney

barnyard

KTM rider
What will prevent the Teamsters from implementing similar policies in the future with TeamCare?

It would not surprise me one bit if it did happen.

I wonder if the surcharge is just for smokers?? I only know of one salaried person in my center that smokes. Chewing though, there are many.

bellesmom

Yea but the ones that are sick and don't die cost billions in healthcare. I don't know how I feel about this because where do you draw the line? Can soda drinkers be penalized? The list goes on.[/QUOTE

Soda, meat, pollution both indoor and out giving folks asthma, Monsanto grown corn products, non-organic fruits and vegetables, alcohol causing liver damage, etc..where will it stop? I quit smoking a year ago but there's nothing to say it won't haunt me later health wise. Will I be penalized because I did something in my past? It's going overboard in my humble opinion.

J

jibbs

^^Penalizing certain lifestyle choices seems inherently discriminatory to me. Seeing as how cigarette smokers aren't a protected class, however, it's easy to see how these surcharges are being justified and likely here to stay.

Kae3106

It would not surprise me one bit if it did happen.

I wonder if the surcharge is just for smokers?? I only know of one salaried person in my center that smokes. Chewing though, there are many.

The surcharge is for all tobacco users and they are including e-cigs as a tobacco product. According to the FAQ, smoking a cigar on New Years qualifies you as a tobacco users and subject to the surcharge. People are pissed.

The surcharge is for all tobacco users and they are including e-cigs as a tobacco product. According to the FAQ, smoking a cigar on New Years qualifies you as a tobacco users and subject to the surcharge. People are pissed.
If they are pissed they should try and work for fedex.

dqs95124

really I am going to quit. but in cali, most of the $ goes to other stuff. If your going to tax the **** out me. then put back into some thing that helps the smokers. not some stupid ass sin tax. to help all these people having kids that my sin tax goes for..

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
A 16 year old boy has to pay higher car insurance then a 16 year old girl. Discrimination has been in the insurance industry since its inception.

dqs95124

I have been trying to quit for a year. I took out my 1030 one after air. try to get 130. w/ none. It's a lot harder than I thought it would be..I know I have to quit. but the honey smokes too. we both have to quit. anybody try Chantex? tried the patch. when it's on yr butt at the end of the day, does not work.. gum no good..