Snow above/below the Mason Dixie line.

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
So will you be having a county vs. county?
Yes. Born and raised in Wyandotte "Crimedotte" County and currently living in Johnson (3rd wealthiest in the nation) County. The culture shock nearly killed me.

I think out there it's Kansas versus Missouri and everything else is a blip on the radar.
You'll notice that I specifically posted Kansas City, KANSAS. Didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea about me. :) KCK > KCMO

Rico

Heh. Cheese. I always thought the best thing about Wisconsin was all those women of Scanadavian and German descent, and Danish Kringles.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm confused about this post and your meaning. I only suggested East vs West because of what he said
The interior between the East and West coast is called flyover country and where mid-American values exist.
Is a political rube that the political pundits play off of all the time.

gingerkat

Heh. Cheese. I always thought the best thing about Wisconsin was all those women of Scanadavian and German descent, and Danish Kringles.
You forget the Polish women too. I come from a German/Polish area. Lots of beer, sauerkraut, potato foods and lots and lots of venison - yummy

'Lord Brown's bidding'

The turnpike's really convenient, but smells like absolute :censored2: and the fast food along the way reminds me of a visual representation of everything I smell on that road.

Thankfully I'm never on it very long.

I actually get very nostalgic about the rest stop food. Now I want some stale Roy Rogers chicken, having been "rotisseried" under the heat lamps for 45 mins!

Rico

You forget the Polish women too. I come from a German/Polish area. Lots of beer, sauerkraut, potato foods and lots and lots of venison - yummy

My wife is of German descent from Dodge county. Though its kinda hard to be from Dodge county and not have some German in your blood.

J

jibbs

I actually get very nostalgic about the rest stop food. Now I want some stale Roy Rogers chicken, having been "rotisseried" under the heat lamps for 45 mins!

Yeah, that sounds like my experiences with Jersey Turnpike fastfood.

I swear the hash browns I got from a McDonalds out there were deep-fried, breaded shortening slabs.

It's pretty hard for Roy Rogers to friend* your food up, though, even if it's been chillin' under a heat lamp for the better part of an hour. It's just too good to get wrong.

rod

Retired 22 years
The root of the problem is that the two easiest things to get are babies and drivers licsences.

My 87 year old mother-in-law just got her drivers license renewed a couple of weeks ago. She's good to drive until she's 91 at which time it won't surprise me if she passes the test again. On the other hand I have a 50 year old friend who failed his eye test because he is so friend-ing vain that he refuses to wear glasses because he is god's gift to women. He now has glasses but won't wear them unless he is driving. Its fun to watch him try to read a menu or look at something on a smart phone. His arms just aren't quite long enough to get focused.

Thebrownstreak

I've always been a huge proponent of the use of chains on the UPS trucks. It only takes about 10-15 min to put them on. They make a world of difference on both snow and even ice. It also forces you to drive slower. I was lucky enough on my last route to have a tractor trailer repair shop almost immediately in the beginning of my day. They would help me put the chains on, and gave me more than enough bungee's cords to keep the chains nice and tight. My route consisted of 95% very hilly dirt roads. If i didn't use chains, people wouldn't get their stuff all winter.