Snow day?

Received a text today informing drivers that the start time was moved back to 10:00am (snow in the area). About 30 drivers arrived on time or a couple minutes late. When we walked in they said we were closed today. If I grieve this do I stand a chance of getting paid?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Anonymous 12

Non active member
I'd grieve it and get your brothers and sister to do the same. Weather is an act of god but they tried to pull that in our local and the local told them no. They know they can't do it but if you are a part of a weak local that let's it go then why wouldn't they try?

some1else

Banned
Same happened here we all filed. Its one thing to shut down and notify 1-2 hours before start time. But to push back start time and have 100 drivers come in the worst part of the storm come in and sit for 10 minutes waiting after "altered start" the. Sent home wihtout pay? No way! I think them waiting 10minutes after start to send us home will win us the grievance

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Received a text today informing drivers that the start time was moved back to 10:00am (snow in the area). About 30 drivers arrived on time or a couple minutes late. When we walked in they said we were closed today. If I grieve this do I stand a chance of getting paid?

Sent using BrownCafe App
Ask them where the broom is, either that or can you borrow a pen so you can fill out a grievance.

Turtle17

This "act of GOD" happened last year. We grieved this, we as drivers came to work to work!!!! We got sent home to this date we have not been been told the status on this. Feel it is a wast of time to feel paper work.. Will just enjoy the snow spend the with kids make a snowman and shovel driveway , throw snowballs etc!!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Cementups

Box Monkey
What's a 'snow day'?

Last time I saw one of them I was in high school.

We had one two Thursdays ago. Essentially the center couldn't decide whether or not to close or not. But after half the drivers called in and said it was too unsafe to be out there, they shut it down.

JL 0513

What's a 'snow day'?

Last time I saw one of them I was in high school.

Yeah, where are you guys that get work cancelled do to snow?

My center has us work all day during blizzards. Even when it was known that every business would be closed. Nice waste of resources driving around to each business in a blizzard just to sheet it closed.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
That's when you get that mass text message to everybody that everybody shouldn't go in. That's how you shut down a center with team work lol.

Washington D.C. Metro area. They pulled this stunt with a hurricane 16 months ago. Still haven't heard a word on that grievance. Should I be calling my local union and bugging them?

Sent using BrownCafe App

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Yeah, where are you guys that get work cancelled do to snow?

My center has us work all day during blizzards. Even when it was known that every business would be closed. Nice waste of resources driving around to each business in a blizzard just to sheet it closed.
They cant make you go in when its state of emergencys, and they know that. But you always get idiots that go in during them. Im just like really dude you idiots are retarded for going in, but then again I live 34 miles from the center, so they pretty much know that im going to call in lol.