Snow Storm Wed

I GOT ONE MORE

I'm sorry for you.

Not a cloud in the sky with a high of 71 today.

I did, however, felt it necessary to roll up the window of the car on the way in this morning.

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm sorry for you.

Not a cloud in the sky with a high of 71 today.

I did, however, felt it necessary to roll up the window of the car on the way in this morning.

Oh you don't know what you are missing. I tried to get my window to go down yesterday so I could grab the mail out of the mailbox but it was froze shut.

klein

Für Meno :)
Oh you don't know what you are missing. I tried to get my window to go down yesterday so I could grab the mail out of the mailbox but it was froze shut.

I know that feeling so well. Mine has been froze shut for over a month now, and will be for another 2.
That's the disadvantage of power windows !

(I need Tim the Toolman, to add MOOORRRRE POWEEER to those windows) :)

Last edited:

over9five

Staff member
I know that feeling so well. Mine has been froze shut for over a month now, and will be for another 2.
That's the disadvantage of power windows !

(I need Tim the Toolman, to add MOOORRRRE POWEEER to thos windows) :)

No, you need a certain maintenance guy from our Worcester building. You see, he has a torch and....

curiousbrain

Drove in despite the snow emergency in the state, for a grand total of 4 preloaders including myself; after the typical "Why did you do that?", they put me to work for 6 hours. Interesting loading 10+ cars.

When I left, a little more then half the cars in the building were already on the road; and the rest for later - the drivers who did show up were all driving two routes, or something to that effect.

I GOT ONE MORE

Missing? I do wonder about living in those parts of the country where there is seasonal snow.

Certainly have experienced beautiful snowscapes, but to have to scrape windshields or clear snow from this or that, ....

I just don't how you do it.

Sorry, just a So Cal resident, where rain is as bad as it gets...... and one can still wear shorts.

Doesn't mean we know how to drive, though.

Much respect for all of you working in that climate!

klein

Toronto police officer killed trying to stop stolen snowplow; suspect shot

Jan 12, 2011

TORONTO - A Toronto police officer has died after being struck by a stolen snowplow early today.

The officer was hit by the vehicle while trying to stop it near Avenue Road and Davenport.
Police caught up with the plow on Keele Street near Humberside Avenue and media reports say a suspect was shot several times and taken to hospital.
A second police officer was also injured during the arrest.

P

pickup

Jan 12, 2011

TORONTO - A Toronto police officer has died after being struck by a stolen snowplow early today.

The officer was hit by the vehicle while trying to stop it near Avenue Road and Davenport.
Police caught up with the plow on Keele Street near Humberside Avenue and media reports say a suspect was shot several times and taken to hospital.

When are you going to wake up and join us Americans? The penalty for stealing snowplows in America is life in prison. This is because they can be, as you just showed us , deadly weapons. This injuring of police officers by stolen snow plows does not happen in America because of the harsh sentences handed out for this crime.

This is why many Americans, including myself, do not go to Canada. Too many maniacs with unauthorized snowplows running around.

klein

He will get life in prison, that's an automatic thing (killing a cop) ! Or even a K-unit - it's considered a cop, too.

Oh yeah, he wrecked serveral vehicles on his ambush rampage, too.
Reminded me of that tank that was stolen in the US years ago. Or the pepsi/7up truck incident.

tieguy

Banned
When are you going to wake up and join us Americans? The penalty for stealing snowplows in America is life in prison. This is because they can be, as you just showed us , deadly weapons. This injuring of police officers by stolen snow plows does not happen in America because of the harsh sentences handed out for this crime.

This is why many Americans, including myself, do not go to Canada. Too many maniacs with unauthorized snowplows running around.

as long as a gun was not used its all good in Kleins mind. Er um well whatever he uses for thinking...er umm well for processing thought....ugh I dont know what to call it.

over9five

Staff member
got to upsers.com there is info on when hubs are opening up most are open tonight.

Wow, that's like a weather forcast. Not very specific.

Chema closed 1/12 for all deliveries and p/us.
Day sort closed.

Twi and Night scheduled to run.......but maybe not. Check back.

Feeders?

Jan 12, 2011

Guns and violence in Canada?! Hard to believe!