Snow Storm Wed

UPSGUY72

had several feeders not unloaded today, many drivers did not come in until after 8pm, had many missed..my error..weather related parcels, will be several days until mess is back to normal.

I brought back 40 EC packages on thursday night and 60 EC packages on Friday night. We got dispatched with more stops than we would have had at peak with a helper. It felt great to take my full hour lunch and not give to :censored2:s on whether I finsh or not.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I brought back 40 EC packages on thursday night and 60 EC packages on Friday night. We got dispatched with more stops than we would have had at peak with a helper. It felt great to take my full hour lunch and not give to :censored2:s on whether I finsh or not.
I get that great feeling every day :happy-very:

Big Babooba

I brought back 20 E/C pkgs on Thursday and cleaned it on Friday. I always feel good because I always take my full hour lunch and never give a :censored2: whether I finish or not.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
No work on wednesday snow. Means Thursday Friday both will be heavy with long days, this is understood.

Thursday all hands on deck almost all go over 10. Its how it is.

Then comes friday. We stil are buried with work so what is the plan UPS comes up with, CUT ROUTES , yes they send people home.

I dont make 12 eat over 40 stops, not alone, we must have eaten over 1000 stops.

Is this customer service, We would never have cleaned but we didnt even try. When did UPS stop caring about customer service?

rod

Retired 22 years
No work on wednesday snow. Means Thursday Friday both will be heavy with long days, this is understood.

Then comes friday. We stil are buried with work so what is the plan UPS comes up with, CUT ROUTES , yes they send people home.

I dont make 12 eat over 40 stops, not alone, we must have eaten over 1000 stops.

Is this customer service, We would never have cleaned but we didnt even try. When did UPS stop caring about customer service?

According to my still working friends, the new motto at work is "United Parcel Service----where Service comes last".

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We are still cleaning up from our little ice storm too. They busted a route out at the last minute and threw 87 stops in the back of my package car right before start time yesterday. "Some drivers are a little light and we will try to send you some help....." Didn't happen of course, I knew I was screwed.

over9five

Staff member
We are still cleaning up from our little ice storm too. They busted a route out at the last minute and threw 87 stops in the back of my package car right before start time yesterday. "Some drivers are a little light and we will try to send you some help....." Didn't happen of course, I knew I was screwed.

You did 87 more stops than usual, or did you bring some back?

Yikes!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
87 stop split at the last minute? Who's brilliant idea was that?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
My new thing is whenever they send me out heavy (over 9.5) I find the dispatch sup, shake his hand, and thank him for the extra money.

BrownArmy

Same thing in my center - work canceled Wednesday, and Thursday was an understandable mess.

Then Friday comes, and everyone's over-dispatched to the point where their trucks are so brick-loaded that it's almost impossible to work.

Business routes with 150 stops going out with 270 stops etc! Drivers bringing back business stops and sheeting them as EC because they simply couldn't find the packages during the day. Drivers bringing back 50, 75, 100, even 150 stops, and we still have four or five trailers filled with 10K packages from Thursday. We're so effed...

I predict next week will be much the same - I just don't know how we'll get rid of all these packages.

The areas my center serves got anywhere from 15-18 inches of snow on Wednesday and none of it has melted - I spent Thursday and Friday climbing over snowbanks, what a mess!

A lot of the stops sheeted as EC on Thursday showed up on cars on Friday but weren't in EDD, along with the usual add/cut madness which worked even worse than normal.

That's logistics!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I think every driver in New England knew we had to buckle our chin straps and do our best on Thursday. I gave a superman effort that day with a route 50 stops over max. I ended up punching out at 840 and bringing back 24 (EC's) to make the air trailer on time. For my effort, on Friday I recieved the same amount of stops with a 40 minute AM time to boot !!! They had someone grab my air and left us delivering til past 9 last night. I almost killed myself going up these driveways in pitch darkness and black ice everywhere. I will never EVER sign another safety PCM paper or take their empty promises about our safety is the utmost priority !!

over9five

Staff member
I think every driver in New England knew we had to buckle our chin straps and do our best on Thursday. I gave a superman effort that day with a route 50 stops over max. I ended up punching out at 840 and bringing back 24 (EC's) to make the air trailer on time. For my effort, on Friday I recieved the same amount of stops with a 40 minute AM time to boot !!! They had someone grab my air and left us delivering til past 9 last night. I almost killed myself going up these driveways in pitch darkness and black ice everywhere. I will never EVER sign another safety PCM paper or take their empty promises about our safety is the utmost priority !!

I laughed reading the building closures on UPSers.com the other day. It said something like, "Service may not be made in all areas. Our employees safety is our top concern".

UPSGUY72

They gave us a paper to sign on thurday during are PCM I only printed my name on it and handed it in. On Friday my Sup came around with th paper saying you forgot something I said No i didn't.

I was 40 over dispatch on thurday alone with being held in the building for 45 min waiting well finishing the preloaders job they got 40 plus back thursday. Than on friday I was 75 over dispatch they got 60 plus back. They did tell us to just follow trace and deliver Air when you got there and sheet it weather. I deliver my last piece of Air after 6 both days