Snow!!

rod

Retired 22 years
I don't know about western NY but there is a town in Wisconsin that already has had over 4 feet of it.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I don't know about western NY but there is a town in Wisconsin that already has had over 4 feet of it.

The Weather Channel is saying that areas south of Buffalo could see 70 inches by morning. Crazy!

(And less than 4 inches in Buffalo.)

rod

Retired 22 years
I just check the weather forecast for Buffalo NY area. Snowing 4 inches per hour---driving impossible--up to 6 feet predicted with a possibility of another 2 feet later on. NICE--- I will now stop complaining about Minnesota--------------for awhile.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
The Weather Channel is saying that areas south of Buffalo could see 70 inches by morning. Crazy!

images-5.jpeg

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I just check the weather forecast for Buffalo NY area. Snowing 4 inches per hour---driving impossible--up to 6 feet predicted with a possibility of another 2 feet later on. NICE--- I will now stop complaining about Minnesota--------------for awhile.
Where's my amazon package???

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

friend that lake effect snow. The worst storm I can remember in the past 20 years by me... was in Feb 2013...34 inches of snow fell in about 18 hours. and UPS STILL didn't shut down!! lol

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
wintry_weather.jpg

Looks like the cat got buried... :teethy: Actually front page picture on the New York Post.

Heavy snow hits "Upstate" New York!

Parts of New York are measuring the season’s first big snowfall in feet, rather than inches, as nearly 3 feet blanketed the Buffalo area Tuesday, forcing the closure of a 105-mile stretch of the state Thruway.

oldngray

nowhere special
You remember which storm I'm talking about, Brooklyn? A friend of mine was stuck in her apt in Queens
for 4 days...the city couldn't plow the streets with all the abandoned cars....lol

That reminds me of the blizzard that hit Chicago in 2011 where they told the people stuck on Lake Shore Drive to abandon their cars because it might be days before the plows could get to them and they might die if they stayed with their cars.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
That reminds me of the blizzard that hit Chicago in 2011 where they told the people stuck on Lake Shore Drive to abandon their cars because it might be days before the plows could get to them and they might die if they stayed with their cars.
They had drivers 50 miles out...delivering. They called them back around 4pm...3 hours after it started coming down. Took them so long to get back...a bunch of drivers got stuck at the building for the night. There was too much snow to get their cars out of the parking lot.