Snowstorm

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
No argument from me on that. Tired of all the safety talk and no action.
Man last snow storm we had. Check that Ice storm. I sent a message that I was coming in. Got a pretty bad message back saying I would be fired if I came back in. That everyone else was out there. I said its not safe I'm coming in after pick ups.

Well they sent me more pick ups and had someone come to get stops
Off me. That person was fairly new and thought it was very unsafe also but wasn't willing to go against management.

I told him it's not safe I'm sheeting everything EC and we are going in. Come to find out we were the last 2 in and the manager sending the messages had been gone awhile also.

Man last snow storm we had. Check that Ice storm. I sent a message that I was coming in. Got a pretty bad message back saying I would be fired if I came back in. That everyone else was out there. I said its not safe I'm coming in after pick ups.

Well they sent me more pick ups and had someone come to get stops
Off me. That person was fairly new and thought it was very unsafe also but wasn't willing to go against management.

I told him it's not safe I'm sheeting everything EC and we are going in. Come to find out we were the last 2 in and the manager sending the messages had been gone awhile also.
Its all talk no action. Your last stop (home) is the most important one.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
OK, suppose he increases that to 10-15 seconds-----do you really think he would be able to maintain that without someone pulling in front of him while he was trying to do so, forcing him to reestablish the 10-15?

Then you KEEP re-opening that following distance. All we've got in feeders is safety. Or, he could have gotten out of the hammer lane, and gone slower in the right lane. Delivery is always go, go, go. Feeders is slow, slow, slow (unless it's Friday night/Saturday morning.)

MoarTape

It scares the crap out of me when I'm going down a grade and start sliding when I hit the brakes. Usually pull over once I get to the bottom to un-pucker for a bit.

What dash can do you use?

P

pickup

To the Original Poster, it's hard for me to judge all the variables here but let ask you these questions: when those brake lights from the car in front of you turned bright red, did you start to sweat? Did you start muttering/praying under your breath? Were you in a slight state of panic that grew in intensity before subsiding, punctuated by a "thank god"? If yes to any of the questions, then you were following too closely for the speed you were going and the conditions under which you were driving.

Remember, if you hit a vehicle from behind, there is no question that you will be blamed for such an incident, by everyone, cops, insurance companies, and UPS management.

All that being said, I have had a few close calls in my feeder career as well , so I understand ,it's a continual learning process(heck, what isn't?) . Learn from it if you can.

Last edited by a moderator: