So. Cal feeder drivers getting canned.

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
This week in south Cal district a dozen or more feeder drivers were termed for stealing/time dishonesty. Does anyone have any info as to what was really going on and how to avoid getting the axe based on this week's actions?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
This week in south Cal district a dozen or more feeder drivers were termed for stealing/time dishonesty. Does anyone have any info as to what was really going on and how to avoid getting the axe based on this week's actions?

Have not heard why, but if you do not want to get axed, don't steal time. And I am not being a smartass.

If you get a 10 minute break, take 10 minutes. Do not finish your break and sit there for 5 more minutes.

Same with your meal.

If your loads are ready, hook them up and leave. Do not hang around for 15 to 30 minutes before leaving.

When you are done, clock out. Don't hang around on the clock talking for 10 minutes.

I have seen terminations for all these scenarios. And there are more. You basically know when you are stealing time, even if it is only 5 minutes here and there.

I saw them fire a guy for taking 2 minutes extra on his break. Yes, he had other issues, but this is why they fired him.

rod

Retired 22 years
Have not heard why, but if you do not want to get axed, don't steal time. And I am not being a smartass.

If you get a 10 minute break, take 10 minutes. Do not finish your break and sit there for 5 more minutes.

Same with your meal.

If your loads are ready, hook them up and leave. Do not hang around for 15 to 30 minutes before leaving.

When you are done, clock out. Don't hang around on the clock talking for 10 minutes.

I have seen terminations for all these scenarios. And there are more. You basically know when you are stealing time, even if it is only 5 minutes here and there.

I saw them fire a guy for taking 2 minutes extra on his break. Yes, he had other issues, but this is why they fired him.

I never knew a feeder driver who didn't get his 60 hours a week in ---if that's what he wanted.(just saying)

MAKAVELI

Same with your meal.

If someone is getting fired for 2 minutes in a union job, there has to be more to the story.

jaker

trolling
Being in Socal and waiting for my chance to go feeder , I haven't heard a word about this

But then again socal is really big

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They moved the time clock for the feeder drivers from the mechanic's shop closer to the manager's office because the guys were hanging out in the shop area before punching out.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
we had guys putting their kids thru college with their talking. bosses never said nothing to them because they were popular.

then we had a guy that was threatened with termination because he was at the dolly pile an extra 3 minutes because he was speaking to me. funny thing was we were talking about a safety thing about dollies. i had to testify to that fact. bosses did not like him because he was always arguing with them about something.

what made me sick was the guys bs....ing at dolly pile or anywhere else for 10 minutes about anything but work and they never got talked to about it or a warning.

most of these guys justify it by running and gunning and taking shortcuts to make up for it. BS.

Overpaid Union Thug

In feeders a driver can clock in and get paid to spend 45 minutes getting coffe and shooting the BS with package car drivers and local sorters.

In package the driver would be walked out the door the next morning for that. Possibly after they return to the building.

Bratty Brown

We Want Beer
They moved the time clock for the feeder drivers from the mechanic's shop closer to the manager's office because the guys were hanging out in the shop area before punching out.
That's not true in this mass firing. The time they were wasting was at their turn around point. At least that's true for the drivers out of our building that got canned. I bet those drivers will be back at work next week...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
we had guys putting their kids thru college with their talking. bosses never said nothing to them because they were popular.

then we had a guy that was threatened with termination because he was at the dolly pile an extra 3 minutes because he was speaking to me. funny thing was we were talking about a safety thing about dollies. i had to testify to that fact. bosses did not like him because he was always arguing with them about something.

what made me sick was the guys bs....ing at dolly pile or anywhere else for 10 minutes about anything but work and they never got talked to about it or a warning.

most of these guys justify it by running and gunning and taking shortcuts to make up for it. BS.
And once again.
image.gif

35years

Gravy route
That's not true in this mass firing. The time they were wasting was at their turn around point. At least that's true for the drivers out of our building that got canned. I bet those drivers will be back at work next week...
Were they waiting for the trailers to be hooked up...and refused to take break?
Or were the loads ready to go and they were just wasting time?

If they were waiting for the trailers to be ready without taking break they were "engaged in waiting" not "waiting to be engaged". According to the US Department of Labor " being engaged in waiting is compensatable time.

Read the link...
http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs22.htm