So how long til Class action lawsuit... from Customers and a money hungry lawfirm. FXE

throwaway10

So I went out to get food the other day, and ordered a Large Pizza with all the toppings, and paid full price.
They called my name and I went and picked it up at the window, they handed me the box with a smile and I went on my way.
As I opened the box I found a Plain personal size(small) pizza.

I went to complain and they explained because of the pandemic they had no more large pizzas or toppings available and no refund was available, but if I like I could order another if I needed more food. I can't believe they let me order a large knowing that they only had smalls and couldn't give me what I ordered...

Sound like BS? FedEx Express is doing this everyday since about March. Customers have the option to pay for Priority service with the understanding that FedEx will at least make an attempt to get there by commit. The Problem, FedEx is making no attempt to make this service, they make no mention that service levels are no even being considered. FedEx is making record profits while knowingly and purposely not even trying to make service for these customers.

We all know volume is up, We all know weather causes issues. But to collect premium Fees knowing that you'll make no effort seems a bit crappy, perhaps illegal..

Well lets see how this discussion goes.

AB831

Well, they got sued for using the 9/11 delivery exception to lie about late deliveries to the government buildings, so at least they’re following precedent for how they respond to tragedies. Truly a garbage company in every aspect.

Last edited:

Mutineer

Well, they got sued for using the 9/11 delivery exception to lie about late deliveries to the government buildings, so at least they’re following precedent for how they respond to tragedies. Truly a garbage company in every aspect.
Delivering to gov't buildings and installations is a pain. They always want their stuff yesterday, yet provide nothing but resistance to anyone trying to deliver. Civilian, gov't employees are by far the worst people I have ever delivered to.

AB831

Delivering to gov't buildings and installations is a pain. They always want their stuff yesterday, yet provide nothing but resistance to anyone trying to deliver. Civilian, gov't employees are by far the worst people I have ever delivered to.
Oh I agree. I hated going to them. But that doesn’t mean you can code them up as being closed and make a 230 PM delivery when they paid for 1030

Stat41

Since March? Because of the poor line haul in my area, it has been YEARS since we have been able to reliably deliver our packages on time. I believe I work for a dishonest company that sells a product to customers that it knows it will not provide to many of them. Even though I still try to do a good job, I have lost all respect for who I work for.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Sound like BS? FedEx Express is doing this everyday since about March. Customers have the option to pay for Priority service with the understanding that FedEx will at least make an attempt to get there by commit. The Problem, FedEx is making no attempt to make this service, they make no mention that service levels are no even being considered. FedEx is making record profits while knowingly and purposely not even trying to make service for these customers.
FedEx has made it clear that the MBG has not been in effect and there has not been any guarantee of service.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
"I also found the mis-use of the 9-11 "security delay" code enlightening. Imagine, profiting from a national tragedy. Sickening." - MrFedEx, 10/16/2013
Oh I agree. I hated going to them. But that doesn’t mean you can code them up as being closed and make a 230 PM delivery when they paid for 1030
"Let's say you work at a large industry with security guards and a gate or inspection process. If your 10:30 pkg shows-up at 2:00, it will be coded a "security delay", even if the driver didn't encounter such a delay." - MrFedEx, 6/8/2010

So much in common. You two should meet up over beers! I bet you could finish each other's sentences and everything!

AB831

"I also found the mis-use of the 9-11 "security delay" code enlightening. Imagine, profiting from a national tragedy. Sickening." - MrFedEx, 10/16/2013

"Let's say you work at a large industry with security guards and a gate or inspection process. If your 10:30 pkg shows-up at 2:00, it will be coded a "security delay", even if the driver didn't encounter such a delay." - MrFedEx, 6/8/2010

So much in common. You two should meet up over beers! I bet you could finish each other's sentences and everything!
Huh

SmithBarney

FedEx has made it clear that the MBG has not been in effect and there has not been any guarantee of service.
Have they made it clear?
Have they made it clear that no attempt will even be made to make service.
Not sure where OP is but, in our area service hasn't been attempted at all, that seems like a failure to the customer, so I agree with OP why charge me for pepperoni on my pizza if you didn't have any to sell me.

Stat41

Instead of quoting and comparing two people you disagree with perhaps a better course would be for you to counter their arguement with something compelling that may challenge their positions.

Stat41

I look for consistency of character Dano. Seriously man, we have not consistently had our freight on time in years. And during this time our sales force was still selling P1 service to our customers knowing that many of them would not be getting what they paid for. In my experience the pandemic, 911, etc was just an illustration of the character of our organization. In my opinion they will take advantage of a tragic or bad situation in order to increase profits at the expense of the customers.

MassWineGuy

If they wanted the no guarantee message to be clear there would be signs posted at every FedEx location. At least then, all customers would know.

AB831

Instead of quoting and comparing two people you disagree with perhaps a better course would be for you to counter their arguement with something compelling that may challenge their positions.
Oh he thinks I’m some other user. He also argued with me when I said I’m not from California. Total idiot.

Stat41

Oh he thinks I’m some other user. He also argued with me when I said I’m not from California. Total idiot.
I think you made a mistake here man. If you look at my post, you will see I was quoting Dano59, not you. I have never argued with you about anything. You made a mistake. But I still would not call you an idiot.

Last edited:

AB831

I think you made a mistake here man. If you look at my post, you will see I was quoting Dano59, not you. I have never argued with you about anything. You made a mistake. But I still would not call you an idiot.
My apologies, dude. I was calling Dano an idiot. You seem like a really sharp guy, so I apologize for making you think I was talking to you.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Customers have been getting ‘effed over for years. It’s just accelerated a lot over the past year. The bottom will fall out eventually due to all the greed at the top.

And now in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.....here comes Dano with his apologetic corporate excuse.

Stat41

My apologies, dude. I was calling Dano an idiot. You seem like a really sharp guy, so I apologize for making you think I was talking to you.
No worries man. Now that I have re-read everything, the mistake may have been mine.
:wink2: