So long for now?

TheNewKid

Well since I'm a seasonal I got the boot today.. Hopefully something pops up with UPS because I'd still like to work here.. On another note they keep sending me 401K paperwork in the mail.. Any knowledge of that would be appreciated...

Wizzy

If you get called back and the get in the union sign up ASAP then when your an old fart like you can retire instead of wonder how long you have to do this!!!

Future

Victory Ride
I would try to keep in contact with someone from HR....or your sup.....if you did a good job I don't see why they would not hire you when a position opens...let them know you are interested be persistent!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We (drivers) were asked to fill out recommendation sheets for helpers who would thought would be a good fit for a permanent position after Peak. They said they may be looking to fill positions beginning in late March/early April.

HardknocksUPSer

Well since I'm a seasonal I got the boot today.. Hopefully something pops up with UPS because I'd still like to work here.. On another note they keep sending me 401K paperwork in the mail.. Any knowledge of that would be appreciated...
Keep being persistent like somebody else said early. And deffinately look for more applications to be posted march-may. Depending on what position you did while seasonal you have a very good chance of being brought back when someone is needed, they paid to train you and spend time on you. Hope for the best! Goodluck buddy.

battym

I'm also a seasonal (pc driver) and got that 401 paper work..let it be known you want a perm job, I've heard I will be getting called back soon after layoff,(not directly from management) it's been a tough job,all respect for everyone that can handle it

HardknocksUPSer

I'm also a seasonal (pc driver) and got that 401 paper work..let it be known you want a perm job, I've heard I will be getting called back soon after layoff,(not directly from management) it's been a tough job,all respect for everyone that can handle it
I also got 401k papers, sups said they plan on keeping a few of us seasonals after Christmas, best of luck to you too bud hang in there!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Nooooooooooooooo! This means I have to start working again!

images-2.jpeg

I was a seasonal last year, first just as a helper and then ended up helping unload on the preload shift. They worked me up until Jan. 15, and then let me go. I stayed in touch with my driver, and he must have put in a good word for me because they called me back Feb. 10 as permanent PT, and I had my 30 days by the beginning of April. I know that for most people it doesn't happen this way, but if you work hard and show them that you want to be there then it can. I'm glad to have made it through my second peak, and best of luck to those seeking permanent positions! Be persistent, because the sups have short attention spans, lol!