So many questions.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Sammie, you should put this saying on a T-shirt and sell them on E-bay!
Too many words, upstate. Need to make your point in 3-4 words.
attachment.php

6_c1.jpg

badpal

You should respond, "It was a real clusterf*** this week. Two of the strippers got into a fight, over the best way to ice down the beer kegs, and, we ran out of New York Strip steaks, so a couple of guys had to have Porterhouse".

Guaranteed to improve attendance for next week (and next week only). :wink2:
your local sounds more progressive than most lead on brother

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I hate the Mondays after the union meeting because the calls usually start about 8am and they're all the same. "So what happened at the meeting?" I won't usually say what is on my mind, like "Show up and see what happens" but sometimes I am very tempted. Guys want to complain all the time but won't take the time to show up and voice their complaints in a venue that is just for that. Frustrating.:angry:

Our union meetings are on Sunday at 10am.

Enough said. Terrible time and worst of all (i realize this part is just my situation) 40 miles each way...no thanks

lack of interest? definitly not. it seems the meetings time and day are designed to have members NOT show up.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

Enough said. Terrible time and worst of all (i realize this part is just my situation) 40 miles each way...no thanks

lack of interest? definitly not. it seems the meetings time and day are designed to have members NOT show up.

Or maybe they just want Atheists and Insomniacs to show up?

Maybe you should poll your fellow members and petition the union to change the meetings to a more amicable time?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Maybe you should poll your fellow members and petition the union to change the meetings to a more amicable time?

The union representation is in it for themselves and the comfy deals they make with the company, not it's members and their best interest. How long have you been around?

s.e.l.l.o.u.t.s.

The union representation is in it for themselves and the comfy deals they make with the company, not it's members and their best interest. How long have you been around?

s.e.l.l.o.u.t.s.
I understand what you mean, I don't feel the union as a whole has our total best interest at heart. In our local, it wouldn't really be all that hard to unseat our local pres. but it wouldn't be a piece of cake either. However our local does at least try to accommodate us on meeting times, just not places. Our local is 120 miles away.

sano

I understand what you mean, I don't feel the union as a whole has our total best interest at heart. In our local, it wouldn't really be all that hard to unseat our local pres. but it wouldn't be a piece of cake either. However our local does at least try to accommodate us on meeting times, just not places. Our local is 120 miles away.
Just for context, in Texas isn't 120 miles basically the next ranch over?:happy-very:

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"

At least everyone should be able to show up at that time. Ours are Saturdays, stewards at 8:30 everyone else at 9. We have alot of guys that are still working at that time. But this time works well for the high seniority daytime m-friend drivers so it stays the same.