So no strike on August 1?

AutoZone

BrownPower
Pay will be retroactive to Aug 1st. Meaning you will get a back pay check to Aug 1st when the contract finally is ratified. Think of it as money in bank til then. But no you wont see it tomorrow.
It’s money that should be in our banks now tho. What I hate is ups gets to hold onto it and collect interest on our money... next contract proposal meeting I go to in 5 years will be added penalties to back pay during extensions. There’s NO pressure on the company to do anything in any kind of timely manner during these extensions... 93% vote to authorize strike, and then an week later Taylor gives them the, “just let us know when you’re ready” bull:censored2:...

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
A69A9F14-71BE-4E6E-82AB-2178B559B27D.gif
I’ll pay it when I win 8k on GGG next month.

AutoZone

BrownPower
Management is employed here too, but they don’t vote. He needs to be a member of the union, if he hasn’t qualified, he’s not voting.
Dude... this is a union vote... why are you bringing management into the discussion?? He’ll be a qualified driver by the time the ballots go out. He’s not management... ‍♂️

Jody43

If he's in a RTW state and doesn't pay dues he doesn't get a vote. This may be what he means.
Oh no I’ll be paying due! That I know for sure because I signed the paperwork for the dues to come out. I was just saying cause I haven’t made 30 days and didn’t realize the extension. Nobody tells me :censored2:

542thruNthru

Oh no I’ll be paying due! That I know for sure because I signed the paperwork for the dues to come out. I was just saying

Then yes you get a vote. Find a shop steward and get the local phone #. Call them and make sure you address is up to date and correct.