So now what happens?

C

chuchu

Sorry for the delayed response, anyways, I'm an off-the-street hire. I've never had a job with UPS before this casual driving job.

I just figured if the union was taking dues, then there would be a 'product' for that price. Maybe it's a glitch?

I'm just wondering what exactly I get out of those dues since they're about $160/month. Maybe something like a pay increase, benefits, etc. But, I guess not. No big deal, I'm just lucky to have a job; that's good enough.

A far as bid routes, etc- I don't have one that I've bid on, but I do have one that is 'mine.' I don't call every morning either, I show up and get in my truck. Sometimes, once in a while, I'll get a random day off when there aren't enough pieces for my full route so they'l collapse it and the 2 closest drivers split it.
You need to call the local union hall (office) and ask them what is going on, what your status is and why you are paying double dues. You didn't say how many months you've been paying $160 (unless I missed it) so you need to get that clarified asap! Here, in our area we have to work 1 year as a new hire (that's YOU if you are paying union dues after 30 days of driving full time) to get benefits and we have to work 6 months (having attained seniority) to even bid on a permanent area...a "bid route".
In our area, if you were hired "off the street" and worked past Labor Day you are a permanent full time driver with seniority. You are paying Union dues so the Union is obligated to help you with the answers to your issues. Quit asking management questions they won't/can't asnwer and call the local union. It is the only way you can be sure of your status. They are SUPPOSED to have your name on file as a new permanent full time driver if you are one unless of course management dropped the ball on that too.P.S./ I was laid off 1 year out of the first two years I worked as a FT driver. Hang on, watch your back and keep your eyes moving!