So right now I am supposed to be enrolling in health benefits

tachyon42

I am 21, a part time sup, working for UPS.

I am eligible to stay under my parents health care until I am 26(my mother is a nurse).

Why would I enroll in a healthcare benefits program which deducts from my paycheck when I can just stay under my parents?

I am confused, and for the life of me can't figure out what gets taken out from each pay check.

If what I am looking at is correct, then the plan "premium" for the flexible benefits(not the traditional) is $36. This is what gets deducted from each paycheck??

I have been trying to figure this out for too long, and the only time I have is the weekends when the phone help lines are closed...

Any help or insight would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

packageguy

I am eligible to stay under my parents health care until I am 26(my mother is a nurse). Why would I enroll in a healthcare benefits program which deducts from my paycheck when I can just stay under my parents? I am confused said:
Your best bet is to find time and call phone help line, maybe send a message to human resource dept.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are you being told that you have to enroll in health benefits? Why don't you just stay under your parents' plan? Obamacare extended health insurance coverage to everyone under the age of 26.

moreluck

golden ticket member

I am eligible to stay under my parents health care until I am 26(my mother is a nurse).

Why would I enroll in a healthcare benefits program which deducts from my paycheck when I can just stay under my parents?

I am confused, and for the life of me can't figure out what gets taken out from each pay check.

If what I am looking at is correct, then the plan "premium" for the flexible benefits(not the traditional) is $36. This is what gets deducted from each paycheck??

I have been trying to figure this out for too long, and the only time I have is the weekends when the phone help lines are closed...

Don't be so confused......your parents are "paying for your healthcare" .......slip them something ($$$) to show you want to & CAN take care of yourself.
Understand? Ask questions and pay your way.

menotyou

bella amicizia

Do you still live at home? Does mommy do your laundry? I don't mean to be rude, but put your big boy pants on and pay your way.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
You mentioned your mom.

No mention of other family members in your post and that has a big determination on this issue.

If it is you and your mom, do you know what the cost of covering you would do to her costs?

Do you understand the difference of paying premiums for a family and single payor coverage?

Did you ask her what healthcare plan she planned to choose?

Just because you can stay on her plan doesn't mean you have to stay on her plan.

tachyon42

@menotyou

I bet you are one of those people who moved out at age 18 just to prove you could. You also probably have debt. You also probably had kids way earlier than you shoudl have. You probably also moved out with assistance from the government(subsidized student loans, grant money, etc.).

I don't buy your self-reliance. Do you even have a net worth? Cause I do. Don't be jealous...if you are gonna hate, hate on those that are taking handouts, the ones that can't survive without food stamps, etc. Don't crucify the able.

@ajblakejr
The plan covers 5 people, so I would be better off staying under their plan, as the premiums and deductibles is WAY lower. An added fifth person hardly raises anything. And I hardly ever go to the doctor. I have maybe one routine checkup a year.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

@menotyou

I bet you are one of those people who moved out at age 18 just to prove you could. You also probably have debt. You also probably had kids way earlier than you shoudl have. You probably also moved out with assistance from the government(subsidized student loans, grant money, etc.).

I don't buy your self-reliance. Do you even have a net worth? Cause I do. Don't be jealous...if you are gonna hate, hate on those that are taking handouts, the ones that can't survive without food stamps, etc. Don't crucify the able.

@ajblakejr
The plan covers 5 people, so I would be better off staying under their plan, as the premiums and deductibles is WAY lower. An added fifth person hardly raises anything. And I hardly ever go to the doctor. I have maybe one routine checkup a year.

Kid--does your Mom's plan cover brass balls because you've got some big ones.

The right thing to do would be to pay your share of your Mom's plan. And clean your room.

menotyou

bella amicizia
@menotyou

I bet you are one of those people who moved out at age 18 just to prove you could. Wrong. 17, because I didn't want to follow my father's rules. It was his house, and I respect that.

You also probably have debt. Who doesn't? I owe on a car and a 28hr tractor.
You also probably had kids way earlier than you shoudl have. Wrong. No kids. But, I am a grama to my ex's daughter's kids. I know, I'm so horrible.

You probably also moved out with assistance from the government(subsidized student loans, grant money, etc.). Never used Public Assistance. I did have a student loan, which I repaid in full.

Kid, you couldn't carry my shoes.

And, to Upstate: Thank you.

klein

Für Meno :)
Gee, don't be to hard on this newbie !
What if he gets laid off after xmas, gets fired, or starts to hate the UPS loading job or finds something better ?
Sorry, but if I was him myself, I would stay under "mom's" plan , too !

It will be much more complicated if he decides to switch jobs in the future and becomes uninsured and needs to somehow get back under "mom's" plan.

menotyou

bella amicizia
What if he gets laid off after xmas, gets fired, or starts to hate the UPS loading job or finds something better ?

It will be much more complicated if he decides to switch jobs in the future and becomes uninsured and needs to somehow get back under "mom's" plan.
The kid proved himself to be an a-hole. I'd like him to repeat what he said to my face.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Read much??? The kid is a PT sup.