Sober Habitual Pot Users Still Dangerous Drivers

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
These states are legalizing weed so how can they (Employees) ban anyone from using?
like someone else mentioned. we are DOT . that is FEDERAL. even if it was legal thru all 50 states , UPS could still have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol and weed.

It will be fine

But not federal law, right? They could move on the states if they wanted?
I haven’t studied it that much since all my employees are covered by the DOT that makes the issue moot. I think most state’s legalization laws still allow employers to maintain a drug free workplace. Testing for weed is trash but it’s also a really easy drug to avoid to keep your job. As long as the employer’s policy is clear I don’t see it being a big problem.

allahuakbar

She/Her
Have they developed a legal standard for being under the influence yet if pulled over while driving?
Nope. They just give the standard DUI tests and try to manipulate you to admit smoking during the interrogation. That’s usually the only way it doesn’t get tossed outta court.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Now can we discuss UPS sending out drivers who suffer sleep deprivation. ( as in I didn't get any sleep last night, I was up all night drinking )