Social distance and over 70LB help

vvv

"ARTICLE 44. OVER 70 POUND SERVICE PACKAGE HANDLING

No employee shall be required to handle any over 70 pound pack- ages alone if it is the employee’s good faith belief that such han- dling would be a safety hazard to herself or himself. In such cases, the Employer shall provide whichever of the following is requested in good faith by the employee in handling over 70 pound packages:

1. Another bargaining unit employee for assistance, or

2. Appropriate lifting/handling devices, or

3. Another bargaining unit employee and an appropriate lifting/ handling device for handling, pick-up or delivery circumstances that require both bargaining unit help and an appropriate lifting/ handling device."

Playing games is not good faith.

EXACTLY. Guess they need set a good example. Yaaaa right.

Scuderia

"ARTICLE 44. OVER 70 POUND SERVICE PACKAGE HANDLING

No employee shall be required to handle any over 70 pound pack- ages alone if it is the employee’s good faith belief that such han- dling would be a safety hazard to herself or himself. In such cases, the Employer shall provide whichever of the following is requested in good faith by the employee in handling over 70 pound packages:

1. Another bargaining unit employee for assistance, or

2. Appropriate lifting/handling devices, or

3. Another bargaining unit employee and an appropriate lifting/ handling device for handling, pick-up or delivery circumstances that require both bargaining unit help and an appropriate lifting/ handling device."

Playing games is not good faith.

This should be the only exception where management is required to work before a union member. Let the center manager drive out there to help with Karen’s XXL bed frame.

Don’t pick it up and I bet it stays out of our system! Pull a chain; measure oversize. Wait, having a flashback to the 80s when we actually measured packages.

Yes That is too late to measure a package. Driver discretion decides what goes on a truck during pickups. Oversized, overweight.....UPS freight is a nice alternative!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes That is too late to measure a package. Driver discretion decides what goes on a truck during pickups. Oversized, overweight.....UPS freight is a nice alternative!

It is up to the driver to keep packages that are obviously not within our dimension and weight guidelines.

I can recall having both a kayak and a wooden wagon wheel waiting for me to pickup at the UPS Store. I sent pictures of both to my on car and told him that I would be leaving them behind. He texted back to tell me to leave them behind.

What'dyabringmetoday???

It is up to the driver to keep packages that are obviously not within our dimension and weight guidelines.

I can recall having both a kayak and a wooden wagon wheel waiting for me to pickup at the UPS Store. I sent pictures of both to my on car and told him that I would be leaving them behind. He texted back to tell me to leave them behind.
Thank you for being diligent. The stock price reflects your selfless actions. Lol.

542thruNthru

You have become that which you despise... you have become @rod

He too retells the same stories over and over. :)

oldngray

nowhere special
Some of these young guys haven't had the privilege of hearing my tales so I have to repeat them.

Some of these young guys haven't had the privilege of hearing my tales so I have to repeat them.
say-it-again-sam.jpg