Social Security

moreluck

golden ticket member
wm03tz.jpg

bacha29

What that ho isn't telling you because she doesn't want you to know is that the retirement age was raised from 65 to 67 and benefits began to be subject to FIT under the REAGAN administration. She says she hopes it will open some eyes. perhaps it might but only to see what she wants you to see.

vantexan

What that ho isn't telling you because she doesn't want you to know is that the retirement age was raised from 65 to 67 and benefits began to be subject to FIT under the REAGAN administration. She says she hopes it will open some eyes. perhaps it might but only to see what she wants you to see.
So how much was she correct on?

bacha29

In other words, Republicans bad, Democrats good. Got it.
Never said that. One thing is for certain however. You're going to feel a whole lot better and more encouraged about your future prospects when you look at your bank account after your monthly SS deposit has been added to the balance.

vantexan

Never said that. One thing is for certain however. You're going to feel a whole lot better and more encouraged about your future prospects when you look at your bank account after your monthly SS deposit has been added to the balance.
Yep, except you'll ridicule me for taking it. Can't have it both ways.

vantexan

Wrong. Over a year ago I made it quite clear that given your Type II I thought that you should make your first try for your disability .
If they gave disability to everyone with Type 2 it would break the government. Better to just keep working and reverse it on my own.

bacha29

If they gave disability to everyone with Type 2 it would break the government. Better to just keep working and reverse it on my own.
There is no such thing as a reversal of Type II. To your credit you're trying to control the symptoms and we all commend you for it but it is still a progressive disease and chances are it will reach the point when you'll need and seek out additional medication and eventually have to give up driving for a living. Keep going for as long as you can but it's not realistic to believe that you'll make it to full retirement age. You worked for the system. Now let the system work for you.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Who are you calling a 'ho'??

vantexan

There is no such thing as a reversal of Type II. To your credit you're trying to control the symptoms and we all commend you for it but it is still a progressive disease and chances are it will reach the point when you'll need and seek out additional medication and eventually have to give up driving for a living. Keep going for as long as you can but it's not realistic to believe that you'll make it to full retirement age. You worked for the system. Now let the system work for you.
You need to do some research. Look up Dr. Jason Fung and intermittent fasting. Thousands have reversed their diabetes. My readings are normal.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Fact altering republican hit piece. Reagan taxed it, not Clinton. Johnson did not spend the money. He only used it for accounting purposes so the SS surplus could offset the federal deficit on paper. The govt borrows from SS and pays it back with interest. I would like to hear all these fat old republicans today if it would have stayed as a 1% tax as originally promised.

El Correcto

god is dead
Fact altering republican hit piece. Reagan taxed it, not Clinton. Johnson did not spend the money. He only used it for accounting purposes so the SS surplus could offset the federal deficit on paper. The govt borrows from SS and pays it back with interest. I would like to hear all these fat old republicans today if it would have stayed as a 1% tax as originally promised.
And now they are talking about a 10% payroll tax out the gate for universal health care. Yeah I’m sooo sure that’s an accurate number.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
SS is only supposed to cover 40% of your Working income.
Medicare payments are taken from your monthly check , or if you wait until FRA ( full retirement age ) they will bill you every 3 months.
The fund will be broke come 2032. At which time one can plan on a reduction of 30%-40% from your check.
Expecting the government will have all the answers is a pipe dream.
You are the only one responsible for your retirement income.
The Teamsters only allow a job of 20 hrs / week post retirement and they have to approve it first.