Socks and Trucks!

Irishman Collins

Two more examples of failed Contract negotiations by Hoffa and Hall! 1. For around 20 years government has mandated that private vehicles sold in the US must have lap safety belts and shoulder belts to reduce head injuries in collisions. Yet, our Union committee has continually failed to negotiate that UPS immediately replace all vehicles without said safety equipment. Secondly, our Union brain trust, still has been unable to negotiate that UPS socks be paid for by the company. It is ridiculous that the cost of socks seems to be an unachievable benefit for our current Union officials when negotiating our contract. We need new leadership that recognizes the things that UPSERS need for their safety and well being, not what our leaders need for reelection or to protect a "unsustainable" health or pension plan!

BostonBo

1) I hate the new seat belts. They tear up my shoulder reaching and pulling all day. Lap belts rule. 2) You're making a ton of money to do a job that no other company would pay you to do. Just suck it up, save the receipt, and use it as a tax write off.

Irishman Collins

Boston, I don't think you realize that we have collective bargaining and that is how we got to where we are currently. I am merely pointing out that our current leaders can't even negotiate the simplest of benefits for us

Inthegame

Two more examples of failed Contract negotiations by H and hall! 1. For around 20 years government has mandated that private vehicles sold in the US must have lap safety belts and shoulder belts to reduce head injuries in collisions. Yet, our Union committee has continually failed to negotiate that UPS immediately replace all vehicles without said safety equipment. Secondly, our Union brain trust, still has been unable to negotiate that UPS socks be paid for by the company. It is ridiculous that the cost of socks seems to be an unachievable benefit for our current Union officials when negotiating our contract. We need new leadership that recognizes the things that UPSERS need for their safety and well being, not what our leaders need for reelection or to protect a "unsustainable" health or pension plan!
And I almost told you I missed your posts, but then I read it and it all came back to me...

Oh Shoot

1) I hate the new seat belts. They tear up my shoulder reaching and pulling all day. Lap belts rule. 2) You're making a ton of money to do a job that no other company would pay you to do. Just suck it up, save the receipt, and use it as a tax write off.
I dont reach back and grab seatbelt I just put it around steering wheel

upschuck

Two more examples of failed Contract negotiations by H and hall! 1. For around 20 years government has mandated that private vehicles sold in the US must have lap safety belts and shoulder belts to reduce head injuries in collisions. Yet, our Union committee has continually failed to negotiate that UPS immediately replace all vehicles without said safety equipment. Secondly, our Union brain trust, still has been unable to negotiate that UPS socks be paid for by the company. It is ridiculous that the cost of socks seems to be an unachievable benefit for our current Union officials when negotiating our contract. We need new leadership that recognizes the things that UPSERS need for their safety and well being, not what our leaders need for reelection or to protect a "unsustainable" health or pension plan!
What would you be willing to give up for socks and lap belt?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
1) I hate the new seat belts. They tear up my shoulder reaching and pulling all day. Lap belts rule.
Lap belt are grossly insufficient and ridiculous for a company of UPS's economic and supposed safety stature.
The existence of these vehicles in our fleet, absent of retrofitting, is an abomination and yet another in a long line of company hypocrisies.

Also, you don't have to reach over your shoulder for the 3 point belt.
It attaches at the seat, where I pass the latch from my left hand to my right, pull outward to achieve some slack and buckle.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
They don't give you something extra for nothing. That is not how negotiations work.
The Teamster have, they owe us few.

That aside, I disagree.
You negotiate from a position of strength or weakness.
Your assertion implies that the playing field is equal, which seldom the case.

upschuck

The Teamster have, they owe us few.

That aside, I disagree.
You negotiate from a position of strength or weakness.
Your assertion implies that the playing field is equal, which seldom the case.
I guarantee you that whatever "concession" you see, that it was part of a bigger "deal", and not stand alone.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I can't afford socks making over 100k. Life is so so so so so so hard.
Can you afford to have your face smash into the windshield, then recoil the back of your head into the metal bulkhead, if you're involved in a serious accident in vehicle without a high back chair and 3 point seat belt?