Soft Peak? Volume Seems Low

MassWineGuy

Don’t know about yours, but my Boston area station has been seeing much lower than projected freight volume this peak. About 180 degrees from what I understand UPS is seeing.

What’s it look like where you work?

SmithBarney

I think FDX threatened Amazon that we'd cut them off...so Amazon is using other folks more heavily. I had about 20 different(personal) amazon shipments in the last week or so to my home... not a single one came FXE or FXG, all UPS or Postal. UPS is using a lot Seasonal Drivers (Driving their own cars) We have been pressured to Make service at all costs(including management driving single deliveries out)

MAKAVELI

I think FDX threatened Amazon that we'd cut them off...so Amazon is using other folks more heavily. I had about 20 different(personal) amazon shipments in the last week or so to my home... not a single one came FXE or FXG, all UPS or Postal. UPS is using a lot Seasonal Drivers (Driving their own cars) We have been pressured to Make service at all costs(including management driving single deliveries out)
Why are they pushing service when the money back guarantee has been suspended for this week?

Purplepackage

Don’t know about yours, but my Boston area station has been seeing much lower than projected freight volume this peak. About 180 degrees from what I understand UPS is seeing.

What’s it look like where you work?

I would just enjoy it, I'm also pretty sure that today and tomorrow you will have more freight coming in than you know what to do with.

Light freight means a short Saturday and no work Sunday so don't complain too much

E

el blanco

I delivered a FO box at 1800 yesterday. A sticker on the box said it was from “Funeral Printing”. I was hoping and praying it wasn’t for a funeral early in the day. :(

I know I've told y'all about the time I delivered a guy's ashes to his widow.
Sent COD, talking about disrespecting someone.

!Retired!

Past few years we've gotten to around the 15K-16K range around this time, for the station. Past few days are 5K-6K less than that. Can't wait to see what today - Friday brings.

dezguy

I've been delivering wdl on a daily basis since the beginning of the month.

Enjoy it down there because this has been one of, if not the worst peak I've seen.

Artee

Very easy peak so far. No one can put the finger on why its been so light. The hub called us the other night to stop sending trucks down. They didn't have the volume to move and had it covered with the trucks on hand. Two of the stations I pick up from have everyone back on time. No freight stacked against the station walls on pallets like last year. No cluster at the ramp with a bunch of extra shuttles showing up like the last 25 years. Peak used to be 3 weeks of hell which has now come down to a handful of days(maybe). We will see how the rest of the week plays out and if it picks up any. My family was done Christmas shopping by the first week of December. Much of it ordered online. We have not had a delivery in weeks now. Maybe other people have done the same.

fedx.drivr

I've been delivering wdl on a daily basis since the beginning of the month.

Enjoy it down there because this has been one of, if not the worst peak I've seen.
Hey Dezguy, what province are you in? I'm in Ontario (GTA), and so far, this peak has been the most organized in our station in my 6 years. Nothing has been rolled over, clean slate everyday. And inbound volume is up from last year.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Hey Dezguy, what province are you in? I'm in Ontario (GTA), and so far, this peak has been the most organized in our station in my 6 years. Nothing has been rolled over, clean slate everyday. And inbound volume is up from last year.
Did they get rid of all the managers this year?