Some shipping discounts ending for bulk

McGee

Story

Just saw on the news...

United Parcel Service Inc. is telling dozens of retailers it intends to do away with big discounts on oversize packages this holiday season and, in the case of some retailers, year round, according to people familiar with the matter.

The move could hit consumers hard—forcing them to get their items at a store or absorb some of the shipping charges of more than $57.

WSJ

Last edited by a moderator:

Indecisi0n

Good. No more Lazy boyz for grandma that can barely move. The look on their faces is priceless when it shows up. It's as if they expect it was going to be the size of the image on the computer screen.

tapatio75

Maybe I won't have to lift that 125# grill 4 times anymore, 2 delivered damaged and 2 to pick them up. Needless to say, I told one of the office sups that the second one was damaged too, but she still wanted it delivered

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I wonder if we will still get that stuff at the higher rates? Where is it going to go?

box_beeyotch

This won't make us lose volume. It will increase revenue though. Now days people will pay anything for convenience and what's more convenient than someone carrying your 100 pound treadmill up 3 flights of stairs to your door.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
This won't make us lose volume. It will increase revenue though. Now days people will pay anything for convenience and what's more convenient than someone carrying your 100 pound treadmill up 3 flights of stairs to your door.
Laughing as I "accidentally" drop it and watch it cartwheel all the way back down.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Someone carrying it back down and you getting a refund after the 30 days free trial.

jaker

trolling
The bad I see is the call tags we will get to pick up those big items after someone else delivered it

I can't tell you how many call tags I get from something FedEx delivered

By The Book

The bad I see is the call tags we will get to pick up those big items after someone else delivered it

I can't tell you how many call tags I get from something FedEx delivered
Now we will be able to see shelf 8. I thought those big heavy ones made us money.