Someone Charged w/ an accident. UPS vehicle leaking oil

SLeDHeaD

PLEASE DON'T ASK!
Someone in my center got charged with backing into someones driveway
and their truck was leaking oil. He said the customer called UPS just to
be nice to tell them his truck was leaking! Wow what a back fire!!!
So has anyone else had this issue? Like UPS says BACK when only necessary!
So check your trucks in the morning guys when at the DOCK! O and I believe
he has written this truck up several times in the DVIR and the issue never got
fixed.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

fixed.

This is why we stay out of residential driveways.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Stop with your crap Upstate, you know nothing of the incident, why he was in the driveway or any thing else about the situation. Maybe he was in a dead end street and had to use the driveway to turn around. I am so sick of your high and mighty better than everyone bullshi*. You are the same package monkey as all the rest of us so get off your self elevated perch, like I told you before. Those with glass houses should not throw stones!!!

grgrcr88

fixed.

That is rediculous, the driver I hope is fighting this , if he has written it up and not been fixed then how can he possibly be blamed for an accident.

I would simply refuse to drive anything that even shows a hint of oil leaking anywhere. I am sure after the automotive had to spend several thousand dollars and hundreds of man hours fixing and cleaning every single package car(they all leak somewhere) his point would be addressed!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Joe Union, there has been a lot of discussion here about staying out of residential driveways. This is one of the reasons for that request.

As far as the rest of your drivel......yawn.

grgrcr88

As I said you have no idea what the reason was for him being in a driveway, you know it and cannot dispute the facts of the rest of my post, hence the YAWN!!

tieguy

Banned
Stop with your crap Upstate, you know nothing of the incident, why he was in the driveway or any thing else about the situation. Maybe he was in a dead end street and had to use the driveway to turn around. I am so sick of your high and mighty better than everyone bullshi*. You are the same package monkey as all the rest of us so get off your self elevated perch, like I told you before. Those with glass houses should not throw stones!!!

That was kind of harsh but then the titans are having a tough year. :peaceful:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As I said you have no idea what the reason was for him being in a driveway, you know it and cannot dispute the facts of the rest of my post, hence the YAWN!!

You're right, I was not there, but we have been told time and again to stay out of driveways, so the driver was rightfully charged with an accident for personal property damage.

Tie, I thought the Titans had gone to the UFL.

grgrcr88

Maybe we all should be charged with laeking oil on the street, or the parking lot of a bussiness, or anywhere else. It is not an accident. It is the center team being a**es.

If we stopped driving every vehicle with some sort of drip we would be out of business. How can this guy be charged with an accident for something you can spay degreaser on and wipe up?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Maybe we all should be charged with laeking oil on the street, or the parking lot of a bussiness, or anywhere else. It is not an accident. It is the center team being a**es.

Leaking oil in a customer's driveway is included in the cost of shipping?:wink2:

We may all be package monkeys but some us have evolved a bit more than others.

tfinnegan

happy exupser
While I was in a center a customer called to complain they had a delivery earlier that day and the driver pulled in the driveway and leaked oil on the new concrete, demanded someone from UPS come out and power wash it. It was explained to the customer that we only turn the claim over to the Safety Dept and they would follow up on Monday, customer was irate he could not wait till Monday to get this fixed. Homeowner's wife called back 2 hours later only to tell us "So sorry we had some oil delivered today and husband was not aware of it. It was not your drivers fault."

barnyard

KTM rider
We had the same thing happen in our center several years ago. I know all the details of the incident and agree that it was also easily avoidable and was one of the reasons that my supe told me to stay out of driveways.

UPSGUY72

Did the person fle a claim with UPS about the oil on the driveway ? If not I don't see how they can charge a driver with an accident.

Anyways a couple of months ago I was driving up a road next to a golf course and someone hooked one off the 1st tee right into my passenger side window. Our center manager said that It would be considered and accident but that it would be taken off my record.

I GOT ONE MORE

Our center has addresses with driveways so long that the house can't be seen. Steep ones too. Every driver drives these locations. No one walks off these packages.

One particular stop is over a mile long, no kidding. From the point where you pass the security gate is nothing but a private concrete poured driveway thats snakes up to the top of the big hill/little mountain where a rather nice house sits, overlooking the many peasants below. There are a couple of big gnarly brutus type canines barking at and chasing the package car the last hundred feet. A receiver is always waiting for you to call off the dogs and take the package. This guy owns like 160 acres.

If driveway UPS protocol was followed at these special addresses SPORH would suffer.
Not to mention the driver.

bbsam

Staff member
Then again some still fling their poo at the first chance they get.
Are you calling Upstate a "poo-flinger"?
:laugh:lmao. I think I'll get my 3 and 7 year olds to start using that. "Poo-flinger" thats funny for a house full of silver-backs.