Someone drew on the bidlist...

To be more precise they drew squiggly lines which happened to cross my name ALOT of times. They came to see the guy I was working with about being a cover driver...wondering why they didn't say a thing to me. Checked the list on the way out tonight and I found out why, an artist needed a canvas. Hater. :/ Wondering, if I find out who scratched my name off what actions if any can I take against them? If you can't tell by this text, I'm REALLY p'd off. Really.

To be more precise they drew squiggly lines which happened to cross my name ALOT of times. They came to see the guy I was working with about being a cover driver...wondering why they didn't say a thing to me. Checked the list on the way out tonight and I found out why, an artist needed a canvas. Hater. :/ Wondering, if I find out who scratched my name off what actions if any can I take against them? If you can't tell by this text, I'm REALLY p'd off. Really.
Sign it again.

rod

Retired 22 years
I've seen where someone who thought they were funny would sign a senior drivers name to a bid for a really really hard route but to cross off a name wouldn't fly. Someone would be taken to the woodshed if found out.

AKCoverMan

How long ago did this bid close? If it has not closed yet (sounds like it has not if you could still go look at it) then just resign, and maybe make sure management is aware you have done so. They have to consider people by seniority not by what order they signed the list.

Good luck!

Ernie

As soon as I saw it had been scratched off, I walked over to where I had just clocked out(management was there) and said "Who the :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: took my name off the list?". Not exactly the best way to ask but I was mad. They walked over with me and one of em laughed and said they damn sure did. Anyways resigned it with them watching and one of them said he'd have the girl call me today. They're having guys go in at 2 for an interview today I'm guessing, I'm going in at 1 to explain what happened. So if I did find out who did it, what action can I take besides putting a boot in their ass outside of work?

Big Babooba

As soon as I saw it had been scratched off, I walked over to where I had just clocked out(management was there) and said "Who the :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: took my name off the list?". Not exactly the best way to ask but I was mad. They walked over with me and one of em laughed and said they damn sure did. Anyways resigned it with them watching and one of them said he'd have the girl call me today. They're having guys go in at 2 for an interview today I'm guessing, I'm going in at 1 to explain what happened. So if I did find out who did it, what action can I take besides putting a boot in their ass outside of work?
The important thing is that management stepped up to the plate, You got to put your name back on the list and they witnessed it for you. What action can you take? None - your name is on the list and you have been whole. There is nothing to file a grievance on. As far as who to boot? Why waste your time, jeopardize your job and ruin a good boot? Good luck on your bid.

over9five

Staff member
The important thing is that management stepped up to the plate, You got to put your name back on the list and they witnessed it for you. What action can you take? None - your name is on the list and you have been whole. There is nothing to file a grievance on. As far as who to boot? Why waste your time, jeopardize your job and ruin a good boot? Good luck on your bid.

All good points! Listen to Big Babooba!!

chev

Nightcrawler
I would say just leave it alone. If they are eventually outed, they could be written up for destruction of company property. I doubt it will come to that.

You know that they saw you sign it now wait for the bid to come down and make sure that seniority is honored. If not file immediately and let the steward handle it. Giving anyone the boot will only get you fired and possibly an ass beating yourself if the other guy is better at "booting".

Cementups

Box Monkey
I would just make sure that someone with less seniority than you doesn't get picked for the bid before you. Make tha your biggest concern