Something seems off with pay

Murmur90

Ive been with fedex for 3 years now. On my route i was getting 50-55 hours a week, with $12/hr. Started work at 7am got off around 5-6pm.
My contractor then decided to take a whole town off me because i was making too much. So now I'm working 30 hours a week.

I deliver in 8 zip codes, 400 miles a day. And now come in an hour later so i get even less hours.

Seem fair?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Ive been with fedex for 3 years now. On my route i was getting 50-55 hours a week, with $12/hr. Started work at 7am got off around 5-6pm.
My contractor then decided to take a whole town off me because i was making too much. So now I'm working 30 hours a week.

I deliver in 8 zip codes, 400 miles a day. And now come in an hour later so i get even less hours.

Seem fair?
Life ain't fair. My question is, why would you work there for $12 an hour when you can work anywhere for that pay?

bacha29

Seem fair?
Were you being being paid anything in the way of overtime pay for the hours over 40? if not then there's really no reason to put up with it with that employer any longer.

bbsam

Staff member

Seem fair?
Maybe he's just not that into you.

Star B

White Lightening
Yeah,his contractor enjoys the cheap labor he found. I pray that the contractors just trying to stay afloat and that's why he's not paying fairly..... not that he's being a total profittering jackass.

Don't get me wrong, profit isn't an evil six letter word, it just turns evil when you treat your fellow man worse than the dog :censored2: on the ground.

bbsam

Staff member
Yeah,his contractor enjoys the cheap labor he found. I pray that the contractors just trying to stay afloat and that's why he's not paying fairly..... not that he's being a total profittering jackass.

Don't get me wrong, profit isn't an evil six letter word, it just turns evil when you treat your fellow man worse than the dog :censored2: on the ground.
It's what America votes for.

Star B

White Lightening
Oh.. and in something a little lighter. Express, in continuous efforts to confuse the customer with new brands unveils its exciting new brand today....

Yes, I'm having a WONDERFUL day on route, can't you tell?

Attachments

• combined.png
    combined.png
    162.3 KB · Views: 288

It will be fine

OP has been with a contractor for 3 years with no raise and had his hours cut. I'm guessing he can't get a better job, isn't very good and that's why the contractor doesn't care if he stays or goes.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
OP, how are u covering 400 miles in a day? U speeding like this???

And I thought my rural route was bad .... 5 towns with the same zipcode sure makes catching those misplots fun

IMG_20170623_193903.jpg

Just got done, switching out soggy shoes n socks for the drive home... hope for no rain Saturday so I don't hydro plane too much.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Well, 5 of the 7 ... I'll PM u the zip.

I'm seeing 5-6 brownies in my area. 2 FXG, and 2 FX Air in my area daily. It drops down to 3 brownies on Saturday s though. Too many usps drivers,some driving in civilian clothes as well

Edit: it won't let me PM u...

Last edited:

Star B

White Lightening
5 towns with the same zip code?
Well, what's a "town".... if that's the case I have at least two "5" towners in one of my extended areas. If we count uniquely named "town halls" one of my zips has 9 'towns'.

Here's also something to chew... doing 400 miles in a day @ 60MPH is 6.5h. Now, anyone who delivers knows you're not doing anything near 60MPHavg unless you are doing 80 between stops and knowing ground.........

Anyway... a more normal number and the recent dash-reading on one of the extended area trucks gave an estimated speed of about 35mph. This route has one country-major populated city, 2 smaller villages, and three towns with quite a bit of sprawling, twisty roads inbetween the square shaped county. 400 @ 35MPH is 11H of just DRIVING. Even if we take it to 350 @ 40, that is still 8.75 hours.

There may just not be the volume out there or he's spending too much time chasing zips, so instead of having an issue with service when/if volume picks up, he adds another truck out there. Very smart if you are legitimately doing 400M/day.

Last edited:

MAKAVELI

OP, how are u covering 400 miles in a day? U speeding like this???

And I thought my rural route was bad .... 5 towns with the same zipcode sure makes catching those misplots fun

View attachment 141009

Just got done, switching out soggy shoes n socks for the drive home... hope for no rain Saturday so I don't hydro plane too much.
Just my opinion, but all the time you put in preload, on route and fixing trucks. You might as well switch to UPS and get paid with a pension.