Son got his orders (Navy).

bl04a

My brother joined the Marine Corps in 1999. He was a DI at Parris Island up until 18 months ago...then took a transfer. Most new Marines are sent to Camp Lejeune in NC....or 29 Palms out in CA after basic training. I remember how proud my dad was when we went down there for my brother's graduation from boot camp. Best of luck to your son.
Thank you! I have never been so proud if anything in my life! I just miss him so much. I can't wait until bootcamp is finished so at least I can talk to him occasionally. Waiting on letters is hard. Thanks for your comment, and prayers for every son or daughter serving, no matter what branch!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Prayers to all who are in the military now. And for their parents who worry. I know I did and mine was never deployed to the mid east.

Ouch

Each and every one of your love ones that serve and their families are in my prayers nightly. Thank you so much for the kind words and the words of encouragement. He was told he will be on a fast boat if i understood him correctly. Once he told me he was going the rest is a blurr. He is my best friend. I got full custody of him when his mother and i got divorced. Seems like yesterday i was taking him to the ball park on Saturday for his baseball game. He has been thru sub school in Connecticut. Graduated sub school then decided he wanted to be top side. He is now half way thru another school in Chicago where he graduated basic. He will be in 2 years in may, so a year and you months. Thanks everyone.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Please keep my son Zach in your prayers. He is in the Navy and just got orders to the middle east. I'm a freaking mess. Never been away from my son for any real length of time, not to mention with all the problems going on over there. I'm a little freaked out. He is excited about going but me not so much. He will be gone for 2 years. He will be in Bahrain patrolling shipping channels and port from what he was told. Thanks everyone.
I will keep him in my prayers. I think he will be fine though. He is in the Navy, they do all their ass whooping from afar. I hope him and the other guys get over their safely and kick some terrorist ass.

Last edited by a moderator:

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
When I was stationed overseas in 1943 we were allowed one free 5 minute phone call home (Autovon) per month. I was newly married (two weeks) when I flew out. There were no cell phones or Internet back then---our phone bill was over $3K for the year I was gone.
I remember when I graduated high school and my girlfriend went off to college and i chose to stay behind and get a full time job. The long distance bill was astronomical. There were no unlimited plans back then and cell phones had just come out and were even more expensive per minute.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

It's tough, but better that he's in Bahrain than Afghanistan. A few guys I graduated high school with have been through there and they say it's great. Obviously not like home, but better than being in a war zone.

He'll be in my prayers for sure.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Please keep my son Zach in your prayers. He is in the Navy and just got orders to the middle east. I'm a freaking mess. Never been away from my son for any real length of time, not to mention with all the problems going on over there. I'm a little freaked out. He is excited about going but me not so much. He will be gone for 2 years. He will be in Bahrain patrolling shipping channels and port from what he was told. Thanks everyone.

Godspeed his safe return home. I'm grateful for, not just his, but your sacrifice as well.

Sent using a Potato

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
God Bless your son for his service to our country. I have been through it with a daughter no less. After basic training and security forces school she went to advanced weapons training and tactics school. She was a part of Enduring Freedom as part of the Air Force Security Forces and flew several missions as armed security for C130's all over Afghanistan to less than secure air bases.

Ouch

Thanks to all for the thoughts and prayers. God Bless all you and your love ones that are serving, and making the sacrifices to keep our family safe. I pray for a safe and speedy return for all.