Sort aisle

Jean Paul

Was officially hired on Jan 2015 for preload doing loading then was moved to the sort aisle in April. I'm still learning new things everyday but still need clarity on some things. I've noticed recently that they'll crank my belt up faster than others whilst adding another person in the truck to unload as well, even when I'm on the P.friend.'s. It's gets to the point where boxes start falling and piling on top of each other. I've heard a couple management personnel get highly upset when ppl stop the belt themselves. Can I stop the belt or ask the scanner to stop the belt or would I get terminated or written up given the situation? Can i request help? Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Box Ox

If boxes are falling and piling up on or around you it's not safe. If it's not safe, call it out and make it clear. If there's no response, stop the belt whenever you need to. Refuse to work under dangerous conditions and invite management to make you and your union local's day if they've got a problem with it.

Your sups will be very unhappy as their numbers start dropping the moment the belt cuts off. But that's not your problem. Do not let them intimidate you. If you get hurt they'll be the first to try and make it your fault.

Jean Paul

If boxes are falling and piling up on or around you it's not safe. If it's not safe, call it out and make it clear. If there's no response, stop the belt whenever you need to. Refuse to work under dangerous conditions and invite management to make you and your union local's day if they've got a problem with it.

Your sups will be very unhappy as their numbers start dropping the moment the belt cuts off. But that's not your problem. Do not let them intimidate you. If you get hurt they'll be the first to try and make it your fault.
Appreciate that my mans. Makes sense now. As soon as that belt turns off they start hollering like crazy its amazing sometimes. Since I've started, multiple ppl have told me that once one starts turning the belt off that's when they start trying to find a reason to get rid of you. I've came late a couple times which would give them a reason to term me if it came down to that I think. ...

Box Ox

I've came late a couple times which would give them a reason to term me if it came down to that I think. ...

Yep. If you're going to do the right thing, don't give them any rope to hang you with. Sups and fellow preloaders have to pick up the slack for people who come in late. No defending that.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Listen, you can't be reprimanded for shutting off belt for safety issues, also, ups attendance policy is a joke, fist off , coming in late a few times , you have nothing to worry about , they must first talk to you about the issue, then , if it continues issue you a warning letter, then if it continues have a local level hearing and issue you a working suspension , then if it continues have another hearing and issue you a suspension , get the idea???? Also you must be treated same as employes that don't shut the belt off, all employees must be treated equally in these situations

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Was officially hired on Jan 2015 for preload doing loading then was moved to the sort aisle in April. I'm still learning new things everyday but still need clarity on some things. I've noticed recently that they'll crank my belt up faster than others whilst adding another person in the truck to unload as well, even when I'm on the P.friend.'s. It's gets to the point where boxes start falling and piling on top of each other. I've heard a couple management personnel get highly upset when ppl stop the belt themselves. Can I stop the belt or ask the scanner to stop the belt or would I get terminated or written up given the situation? Can i request help? Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

You can never be terminated for refusing a work order that is:

1) unsafe, 2) unethical, 3) immoral.

Cut the belt off if you have to and stick to your guns. They pull this :censored2: in every building all across the country.

Jean Paul

Listen, you can't be reprimanded for shutting off belt for safety issues, also, ups attendance policy is a joke, fist off , coming in late a few times , you have nothing to worry about , they must first talk to you about the issue, then , if it continues issue you a warning letter, then if it continues have a local level hearing and issue you a working suspension , then if it continues have another hearing and issue you a suspension , get the idea???? Also you must be treated same as employes that don't shut the belt off, all employees must be treated equally in these situations
Thanks