Sound systems

killamjl

Anyone listen to music while they drive? If so, what setup are you using. Do you keep something small like an ipod accessory player on the dash. Or something bigger behind the bulkhead door.

Rechargeable, Cig lighter adapter, hook up straight to the batteries.

Anyone make there own speaker setup?

Ive been thru a few setups, but there either not loud enough, or crossing the line of being unsafe. I am starting to miss the music tho, anyone found the perfect setup?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Home depot Ryobi radio strapped down is the loudest, cost efficient, mp3 connection, 16v monster that you'll fall in love with.

klein

Für Meno :)
I think I found something great while I was driving with UPS. It has AM/FM radio, and an Ipod plug in.
Awesome sound, and 1 charge will get you 16 hrs of music !
(no batteries needed)
Works great as an external speaker for your laptop, too.

tivoli-slide-3.jpg

TheKid

DeWalt radio strapped in with a bungee cord in front of the heater capable of playing mp3 also. Had it for about 10 yrs. . . . very durable.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I have a Sirius boombox bungeed to my DIAD holder shelf. Sounds spectacular. Nice and loud and clear. Even for talk radio.

DO NOT HOOK UP TO BATTERY (directly)!!!!!!!

rod

Retired 22 years
I used the same boom box radio for probably 15 to 20 years. It took 4 D-cells (6-volts) so I had a tv repair shop put a coverter in it that stepped down 12 volts to 6 (yes it was fused) so I could use UPS power. I still use it in my camper. It looks like it went through WW III but still works great.

brett636

When I was an air driver I just carried one with me.

Cost $32.99 @ radio shack and only had to replace the batteries once every 5 weeks, but I only worked 4-5 hours a day. For a PC driver I would recommend rechargeable batteries. Plenty loud enough to enjoy music or talk radio with.

NHDRVR

DeWalt radio strapped in with a bungee cord in front of the heater capable of playing mp3 also. Had it for about 10 yrs. . . . very durable.

I used to do that but now I listen to sports talk through the bluetooth. WEEI and 98.5 come in crystal clear through it. Otherwise, up here in the stix, I could only get generic top 40 radio...

thessalonian13

Anyone listen to music while they drive? If so, what setup are you using. Do you keep something small like an ipod accessory player on the dash. Or something bigger behind the bulkhead door.

Ive been thru a few setups, but there either not loud enough, or crossing the line of being unsafe. I am starting to miss the music tho, anyone found the perfect setup?
makita radio with the 18 hour rechargable battery.... awesome!!!!!!

klein

Für Meno :)
Those "commercials" give you weather, news, traffic reports.
And, even more important, Amber Alerts.

It's another tool to keep you safe on the road (yes, I had a tornedo warning before, and also had an Amber Alert, seeking for a certain car with a certain plate for child abduction).
I also avoided many traffic jams.
I prefer radio on the road.

acavale372