Southern Supplement

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
meaning what exactly? Like if you retire before 55?

From what I understand, you retire at 55 or older, you get to keep it for $100/month per person it covers. You only keep it until 65 at which point you got on medicare. As far as using that as an insurance supplement once you've moved onto medicare, IDK.
Yes, I know you can pay to keep it after 55, what about 52-55

saintrick

Hypothetically, retire at 52, have insurance through my spouse, then pay for the Teamcare for both of us at 55?

If you retire at 52 do you even get Teamcare at 55. I know they have some type of contribution requirement for the 5 years prior to be eligible. I'm still a way away and its been a while since I looked at it better call Teamcare.

Last edited:

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
If you retire at 52 do you even get Teamcare at 55. I know they have some type of contribution requirement for the 5 years prior to be eligible. I still a way away and its been a while since I looked at it better call Teamcare.
That’s what I was getting at, what’s the wording on bridging the gap.

T dog

Its ridiculous that the southern is not able to get insurance at age 52. If the minimum age for insurance is 52 for part of the country it should be that way for all regions. We need to keep pushing our teamster leaders to work with teamcare to change this

Slug Life

When do we eat?
Gotta love our negotiators here in the Southern Region. They do one hell of a job!!!
Best supplement in the whole company thanks again for answering our needs.

542thruNthru

Gotta love our negotiators here in the Southern Region. They do one hell of a job!!!
Best supplement in the whole company thanks again for answering our needs.

It's the dental that messes up the numbers. You people in the south have some friend'd up teeth!! :)
Mugshots-Teeth.jpg

Tony Q

Hypothetically, retire at 52, have insurance through my spouse, then pay for the Teamcare for both of us at 55?
Yes, you will get a one time option to either take the Teamcare Health Care Benefits or not. In the mean time you could use that $400 toward your wife's medical if you wanted to.

browned out

Its ridiculous that the southern is not able to get insurance at age 52. If the minimum age for insurance is 52 for part of the country it should be that way for all regions. We need to keep pushing our teamster leaders to work with teamcare to change this

The Central Region Teamcare requirement is that the retiring employee must be 55 years old to be eligible for retiree teamcare benefits as well.

52 years of age should be UPS company-wide.