Speaking Of Stupid Corporate Policies.........

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
there is a corporate pharmacy store in my town called Rite Aid which has a stupid policy about IDing EVERYONE for alcohol.

this guy in front me looked about 80 years old was denied a purchase of a 12 pack because he didn't have an ID. I wish I had thought more quickly and called him back and used my ID to buy his brew.

stupid? political correctness? or WHAT?

the world is going to hell and its time to jump off.

By The Book

there is a corporate pharmacy store in my town called Rite Aid which has a stupid policy about IDing EVERYONE for alcohol.

this guy in front me looked about 80 years old was denied a purchase of a 12 pack because he didn't have an ID. I wish I had thought more quickly and called him back and used my ID to buy his brew.

stupid? political correctness? or WHAT?

the world is going to hell and its time to jump off.
Sounds anal to me. Most places use more common sense than that.

AKCoverMan

It's the law here. Mostly because they have to not only check your age, they have to check to see if you have a "no alcohol" restriction on your ID.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
It's the law here. Mostly because they have to not only check your age, they have to check to see if you have a "no alcohol" restriction on your ID.
I didn't know about that. wow, that's great. pretty soon they have no cigarette restrictions on your license, no chocolate, no fast food for obese people . it will never end.

leave it to California. rest of world eventually.

jaker

trolling
Companies do that so that everyone gets the same treatment and don't get sued , unless you don't like everyone being treated the same

Last edited:

AKCoverMan

I'm guessing that's an Alaska thing, the "no alcohol" restriction? No such thing in my state.

A "no alcohol" restriction on your license? Never heard of it.

Yes it's a fairly new state law aimed at curbing DUIs and alcohol related domestic violence issues. Court can issue order to have your license/state ID card "restricted" by putting a red stripe on your ID. All sales outlets are required to ID everyone and a "red stripe" ID holder is not to be served.