Speeding Ticket

theUPSman

I received a speeding ticket early this morning. I was 13 miles over the limit. I drive Saturday Air sometimes. Do I need to inform my sups about this, or will I still be okay to drive?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
You don't have to tell him, but it wouldn't hurt. Make sure you report it on the annual disclosure form.

Billy

Actually it could land you a warning letter for not following methods and procedures. There have been several UPS involved deaths lately. I bet yours is the first of many to come.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Actually it could land you a warning letter for not following methods and procedures. There have been several UPS involved deaths lately. I bet yours is the first of many to come.

How do you segway from a speeding ticket to predicting the man's demise? The speeding ticket was in his personal vehicle. He does not have to tell mgt but does have to list it on the annual disclosure form.

DorkHead

How do you segway from a speeding ticket to predicting the man's demise? The speeding ticket was in his personal vehicle. He does not have to tell mgt but does have to list it on the annual disclosure form.

Where does he say that it was in his personal vehicle?

some1else

Banned
besides a ticket is not a conviction. go to court it is worth your time; if you ever do want to go ft they will check your record and if that ticket may dq you.

DorkHead

We have PTers that drive as fill ins and Sat air. I wonder if he was on the clock when issued the ticket. How bout it "theUPSman"? Where you on the clock?

yeldarb

Here, you record needs to be clean from accidents and tickets for 12 months. I got a ticket a year or so ago, and used the teamster lawyer, and got it dismissed. (Where I am, if you have your cdl and get a ticket, you cant go to traffic school, the only way to get it off your record is to get it dismissed).

over9five

Staff member
I understood him as meaning he got it in his personal vehicle. If it were me, I wouldn't mention it but of course I'd put it on the annual.

P

pickup

I received a speeding ticket early this morning. I was 13 miles over the limit. I drive Saturday Air sometimes. Do I need to inform my sups about this, or will I still be okay to drive?

Fight this ticket every step of the way. Research your case, take pictures. Your ticket is important to you. Your ticket is one of many written by the officer, not as important to him. A connected lawyer can help you greatly but if you can't afford one, be your own lawyer and present your case properly to the judge. They usually shoot for an 80 percent conviction rate. If a bunch of other defendants are getting slaughtered in the courtroom , you stand a good chance of sailing if you present a good non-emotional case.

For future reference, the easiest ticket to beat is the one you never got in the first place.

Billy

well I took it as in the package car. Then I was speaking of all that speed in a package car. I just feel that because of all the negative press lately we all are being watched a bit closer. Sorry for your confusion.

P

pickup

well I took it as in the package car. Then I was speaking of all that speed in a package car. I just feel that because of all the negative press lately we all are being watched a bit closer. Sorry for your confusion.

Billy , don't be a hero, don't be a fool with your license:wink2:

Last edited by a moderator: