Speeding/ Wreckless Driving

iDontWorkAtUps

How badly would i speeding ticket handicap my chances of driving... What about a Wreckless Driving? I havn't had either but just wondering how careful I should be.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
How badly would i speeding ticket handicap my chances of driving... What about a Wreckless Driving? I havn't had either but just wondering how careful I should be.

Once you get qualified it won't matter. I got pulled over for doing a 100 mph while driving down the wrong side of the road after bouncing the package car off several curbs while trying to pick up my bag of coke from the floor. Thankfully the officer only charged me with DUI and intent to distribute and not speeding or reckless driving. I would've hated for my colleagues to think I was reckless!

Ok, that was really a joke but as others have said, if you want to go driving you should really drive like your whole life depends on it. Some states, a reckless driving charge is a felony and it is easy to amass a reckless driving charge by something simple as speeding and failing to signal a lane change or speeding and tailgating.

Just drive like your grandmother was in the car with you....unless your grandmother is Shirley Muldowney

iDontWorkAtUps

Once you get qualified it won't matter. I got pulled over for doing a 100 mph while driving down the wrong side of the road after bouncing the package car off several curbs while trying to pick up my bag of coke from the floor. Thankfully the officer only charged me with DUI and intent to distribute and not speeding or reckless driving. I would've hated for my colleagues to think I was reckless!

Ok, that was really a joke but as others have said, if you want to go driving you should really drive like your whole life depends on it. Some states, a reckless driving charge is a felony and it is easy to amass a reckless driving charge by something simple as speeding and failing to signal a lane change or speeding and tailgating.

Just drive like your grandmother was in the car with you....unless your grandmother is Shirley Muldowney
I definitely need to be more careful and I have been lately. Once past a cop going 80 in a 55 at night and he followed me for about 5 minutes and turned around. Another time I got pulled over going 60 in a 45 and let me go because I was 17 and he said he didn't want to :censored2: up my insurance :)

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Wow, lucky lucky... dont try for a hat trick & learn from those lessons/warnings

I would switched to team brown too, but they had an overhiring spree iñ the local ups hubs that the trained drivers are working as warehouse people ... now it will take even longer to don a brown uniform and drive FT

UPSGUY72

In order to get a driving job you can't have any moving violation within the last year and no more that 2 in the last 3 years.

You also can't have any reckless driving, drining to endanger or DUI/OUI in the last 5 years.

moldsporh

Do you want to drive for ups?

You need to clean up your act. I'm not judging you but consider this a blanket statement/reply.

Open up the following distance, slow down, be alert, you will get there at the same time....this is in your personal vehicle.

In a UPS vehicle, triple your awareness and mindset. Otherwise it will just catch up to you and you WILL end up with either property damage or worst yet personal injury to yourself or others.

Instead of driving to the store or your buddies house, at UPS you drive to all the stores and all the houses all day long with kids all around.

It's all in or nothing, let your guard down and you'll get burned.

moldsporh

Also, reckless driving is a criminal charge in most jurisdictions. Not just a simple traffic citation like speeding 10 mph over or failing to obey a highway sign.

You can roll the dice in court without a lawyer but they carry the same weight as a DUI except you can generally continue driving and not need a work permit only.

It's a bad thing no matter how you slice it.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
If you have more points than the "10 point commentary", you might not be driving for a while.

"Wreckless Driving" is good, so you are OK. It means you didn't get into any accidents. Reckless driving on the other hand, not so good.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
for the life of me I do not know why anyone would put a million dollar ( more like 5 ) career at risk.

one time I had just started drinking a beer when my son needed a ride home . I paid 20 bucks for the cab ride instead of a potential DUI.

when you have a family to take care of you take driving a vehicle safely very seriously. your life and family depends on it. you are a professional, on and off the field.

iDontWorkAtUps

for the life of me I do not know why anyone would put a million dollar ( more like 5 ) career at risk.

one time I had just started drinking a beer when my son needed a ride home . I paid 20 bucks for the cab ride instead of a potential DUI.

when you have a family to take care of you take driving a vehicle safely very seriously. your life and family depends on it. you are a professional, on and off the field.
I just turned 18 in the last couple months I was wondering how careful i needed to be now. I know i cant drive for atleast 3 years at the minimum. So no family to take care of. But your right