Spending all of your spare time talking about UPS

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I wanted to use this one, would've been more appropriate.

OP, its ok. You dont get it and its alright man. Some people really love their job, even if they complain, gripe or seem to hate it. A couple of weeks ago, I threw my back out, on a Sunday nonetheless. I was out for just 4 days, then right back in it. Most people would be out for a month, I know many who would've just straight up quit. Those four days in purgatory sucked majorly. I have my pains for this job, but missing just those four days made me realize how important my job is to me and others who take it for granted.

Yep yesterday was one of my worst days ever in a package car. It was still way better then a lot of other stuff I've been paid to do in my life.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Yep yesterday was one of my worst days ever in a package car. It was still way better then a lot of other stuff I've been paid to do in my life.

Sorry to hear it...

I was out of my load for just 10 minutes at the end today. A new hire working jummped in my car. I finished me other 2 cars and told him to scram. I walked in and was WTF! In less then 10 mins he ruined my load!

Dont feel bad, the joke is on UPS. Cant load, poorly trained and can see anything other then a job equals a job piss pour on those who earned it.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I can never understand why people would come on web site then knock it, why bother maybe he's management...
Never knocked this site. Not management. Explained myself already. Doesn't hurt to talk about some other stuff once in a while. Also explained that I meant in real life, not here. Ever wonder why so many "UPSers" are divorced? Too much time babbling about work when they get home. Sorry to ruffle feathers, but, as I said, I already explained myself. I will TRY to be more careful in the future around here.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Never knocked this site. Not management. Explained myself already. Doesn't hurt to talk about some other stuff once in a while. Also explained that I meant in real life, not here. Ever wonder why so many "UPSers" are divorced? Too much time babbling about work when they get home. Sorry to ruffle feathers, but, as I said, I already explained myself. I will TRY to be more careful in the future around here.

I would imagine the percentage of divorced people at UPS is roughly the same as with the general populace. Everyone talks about work. The majority of our lives is spent there. I come home, tell my wife which idiot did what, she does the same and we move on.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Too much time babbling about work? Work is what most people spend 80-90% of their waking hours doing. I have yet to meet a person that doesn't mostly talk about work in their spare time. Unless they have just a super boring job.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Too much time babbling about work? Work is what most people spend 80-90% of their waking hours doing. I have yet to meet a person that doesn't mostly talk about work in their spare time. Unless they have just a super boring job.

I love ranting about work, those who love hearing it are here at work, prefect! I do rant about to my gf now and again, but I have my limit. To be honest, think that ranting about anything is the American way of doing things. Its our young yet beautiful culture. The nation started with people ranting and raving about things, its our own special way of handling. Overall, just talk about, get friends with the same issues and you can burn a few bridges with those people who are totally interested in the same views. Thats why the lot of us come here, burn some bridges and get crap off your chest.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Are you admitting defeat?
image.jpg

nicky

All us guys n gals on here have 1 thing in common, we all drink out of the same cup(UPS) lol

Wait....... You get cups... THATS BULL SH.. I didn't get a cup, I'm grieving that Monday! In all seriousness to the op we all have those guys around us at work who live and breathe UPS. There are people whose call I won't answer if I don't want to hear about work.... Its life

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
I'm active on many message boards and comments sections regarding a whole host of other topics, news articles, and issues that have nothing to do with UPS. I try and limit it to an hour a day. I find its add's a great deal of contextual elements beyond the headline issue or topic. A sort of digital town square.

​Just saying.