Split drivers/rant

Indecisi0n

I hate being the guy always asking for help but they leave us no choice. I am DONE DONE DONE!! They take a guys route that is suppose to have 130 stops and they dispatch him with 170 (recently). The loads have been slowly getting worse and worse. The guy has been doing the route for 10-20 years and he can get it done and be in at a decent time. Then he takes vacation and they put me on his route cold and then call me in the office to ask why i didn't do the work as fast as the guy who has been doing it for 20 years?!?!?!? I want to so reach of the desk and punch the dumb **** manager in the face.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
They're trying to light a fire under your rear by getting you to work angry. Don't fall for it. In fact, I'd go slower just to prove the point.

Indecisi0n

They're trying to light a fire under your rear by getting you to work angry. Don't fall for it. In fact, I'd go slower just to prove the point.

I do as much as I can and in the safest manner. I am not going slow by any means but I am not jumping over bushes and running across lawns either.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

But if I was management now I see he was dragging his feet with 130. I felt like he was shooting himself in the foot by doing this.

Are there any late pickups that force him to be out that late? I could easily be in by 5:30 every day if I didn't have to close out the UPS Store and a mall drop box; ironically, I cover both of those pickups because the driver on that area gets done too early.

S

splozi

Are there any late pickups that force him to be out that late? I could easily be in by 5:30 every day if I didn't have to close out the UPS Store and a mall drop box; ironically, I cover both of those pickups because the driver on that area gets done too early.

Let me save everyone else the trouble.

"Keep up the good work."

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
The thing I don't understand is the guy has been doing 130 for years and coming in at around 6-630. Now he gets 170 and still makes it in by 7:30.

more stops but probably a tighter loop

plus, he probably cuts a lot of methods to get in by then, maybe you should try it

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
. Yep one of my friends at work is mad every day he truly hates this job. He also has some of the best numbers in the building because all he cares about is getting home ASAP. The more they load him up and piss him off the better he will look on paper for them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

. Yep one of my friends at work is mad every day he truly hates this job. He also has some of the best numbers in the building because all he cares about is getting home ASAP. The more they load him up and piss him off the better he will look on paper for them.

I can tell you from experience that this does work. One day my on-car pissed me off and I went out and smoked the area. He was smiling from ear to ear when I came back to the building.

clarnzz

I can tell you from experience that this does work. One day my on-car pissed me off and I went out and smoked the area. He was smiling from ear to ear when I came back to the building.

Opposite here, if they are respectful I am fine. I tell them if bother me too much I have a time focusing on my work because I keep thinking about how pissed I am and how unreasonable they are. Most all of my conversations with my center manager and very relaxed and civilized because I do like to know when I screw something up and always take accountability.

Back when we were really butting heads over 9.5 they gave me a verbal warning for mis-delivering a package one block off. This was during our worst snowstorm of the year where I had a 10+ hour planned day and the mis-delivery took place in the dark. I should of got it right, but the verbal warning was just retaliation for the 9.5 battle. I had a really hard time focusing for a while because I was pissed, havn't had a verbal since.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
He works in my building too!

Indecisi0n

That's not me. The more mad I get the slower I go. Why in the world would I purposely do the person a favor who is pissing me off?

Re-Raise

That's not me. The more mad I get the slower I go. Why in the world would I purposely do the person a favor who is pissing me off?

Then have the balls to take your lecture in the office.

You confuse me. You say you go slower when they piss you off, and then you say you can't handle being chewed out for going slow.

It also confused me when you criticized the older driver, and called him a sheep when he came to help you because you couldn't get done. You should have told him "thank you".

Indecisi0n

I said I don't work slow but it pisses me off when they get you a **** load then cry why it took you so long.

I respect the old timers but I hate that they complain all the damn time and do NOTHING to help themselves. They cry about working until 9:00 every night but not one of them will file a 9.5! What sense does that make? Most are scared thibking it will put a target on their backs. I said who the *** cares. If you are doing the job correctly let them watch you all day everyday! I already told my boss " you can ride with me any day and see how I work if you think I'm slacking off." He has and even said "you methods are solid." But he will still turn around and complain about my numbers.

Oh these numbers! Lol

Last edited by a moderator:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I said I don't work slow but it pisses me off when they get you a **** load then cry why it took you so long.

I respect the old timers but I hate that they complain all the damn time and do NOTHING to help themselves. They cry about working until 9:00 every night but not one of them will file a 9.5! What sense does that make? Most are scared thibking it will put a target on their backs. I said who the *** cares. If you are doing the job correctly let them watch you all day everyday! I already told my boss " you can ride with me any day and see how I work if you think I'm slacking off." He has and even said "you methods are solid." But he will still turn around and complain about my numbers.

Oh these numbers! Lol
"you can ride with me any day and see how I work if you think I'm slacking off". comments like this probably won't help your situation nor will it make you feel any better.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I don't know the specifics obviously, but 40 stops is easily doable in an hour.

You are a fool if you routinely do 40 stops an hour. And to say that it is easily doable is just stupid. According to your standards, in just an 8 HR day, with and hour meal, you would have done 280 stops. Guys like you are what is wrong with drivers today.