Split drivers/rant

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You are a fool if you routinely do 40 stops an hour. And to say that it is easily doable is just stupid. According to your standards, in just an 8 HR day, with and hour meal, you would have done 280 stops. Guys like you are what is wrong with drivers today.

40 SPH in a residential subdivision with houses very close to one another is certainly doable. One Peak my on-car and I did 75 stops in 45 minutes.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
You are a fool if you routinely do 40 stops an hour. And to say that it is easily doable is just stupid. According to your standards, in just an 8 HR day, with and hour meal, you would have done 280 stops. Guys like you are what is wrong with drivers today.
You don't know me, why are you being disrespectful?

40 /hr is easily doable in residential areas that are tight and homes/apartments close to road. I've done well over 40/hr many times and that is as a 22.3 covering routes/sections, not even a regular FT driver.

Have a better weekend!

Indecisi0n

40 /hr is easily doable in residential areas that are tight and homes/apartments close to road. I've done well over 40/hr many times and that is as a 22.3 covering routes/sections, not even a regular FT driver.

Have a better weekend!

Apartments needs signatures.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Apartments needs signatures.
I made all of the posts trying to pass along information and you come up with this short-sighted response? Not all apartments need sigs, some do and some do not. It depends on route and area and your local area is not the only one that exists. and additionally, many packages are now DR first attempt, more and more each day.

Either way, I've delivered 40/hr without breaking a sweat. Re-read my first post, I clearly and intentionally phrased - that I don't know your/driver in questions area/situation -but 40/hr is easily doable...

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
When the AFB was still open it was not unheard of to do 60 stops in an hour delivering base housing with a helper. This was before Telematics.

40 SPH in a residential subdivision with houses very close to one another is certainly doable. One Peak my on-car and I did 75 stops in 45 minutes.

Congratulations! What purpose does it serve to run your ass off for this company? There is a big difference between working hard and working stupid. Your knees, your back and the mistakes you will make running that fast will eventually catch up to you. Not to mention the pressure burners put on the rest of the drivers around you.

Have a better weekend!

Well, I wasn't trying to be disrespectful. But drivers like you, who push the limits of package car driving, make it harder on everyone else. I've never met a burner who didn't later start bitching about how, all of the sudden, supervisors were pushing them too hard. And they never seemed to understand why.

Dracula

I can tell you from experience that this does work. One day my on-car pissed me off and I went out and smoked the area. He was smiling from ear to ear when I came back to the building.

He pissed you off so you burned up the route??? Why? Sounds like his plan worked.

Re-Raise

Well, I wasn't trying to be disrespectful. But drivers like you, who push the limits of package car driving, make it harder on everyone else. I've never met a burner who didn't later start bitching about how, all of the sudden, supervisors were pushing them too hard. And they never seemed to understand why.

Sleeve meet Heart isn't a driver. He tried to be a driver but couldn't hack it because it was a rough neighborhood or something.

He apparently did stay at a Holiday Inn Express one time because he is a know it all.

Dracula

Sleeve meet Heart isn't a driver. He tried to be a driver but couldn't hack it because it was a rough neighborhood or something.

He apparently did stay at a Holiday Inn Express one time because he is a know it all.

Well, that would make sense then. I saw after I posted that he was a 22.3 driver. I don't think I ever knew a air driver who ever delivered 40 stops in a day.

HomeDelivery

If you have to either enter a security code or be buzzed in you can safely DR the pkg.

not in this economy... watch as a neighbor of a secured building will steal it from the common hallway! you'll probably see more of this in this coming peak

had a disputed claim recently & was told to always get a sig from now on, eventhough the building was secure.

I just tell customers of apt buildings to get your leasing office to establish a package room. the customers are paying for the landlords' mortgage- it's courtesy to have the office hold your parcels safely while they're out working...

----------------------------

I already told my boss " you can ride with me any day and see how I work if you think I'm slacking off." He has and even said "you methods are solid." But he will still turn around and complain about my numbers.

yea, that didn't make sense to me either... I know some people who smokes their routes, but do take shortcuts to do it. I covered a rural area for a week & wondered how the regular driver was done so fast. His reply, " i go over the speed limit"
:whiteflag:

Indecisi0n

not in this economy... watch as a neighbor of a secured building will steal it from the common hallway! you'll probably see more of this in this coming peak

had a disputed claim recently & was told to always get a sig from now on, eventhough the building was secure.

I just tell customers of apt buildings to get your leasing office to establish a package room. the customers are paying for the landlords' mortgage- it's courtesy to have the office hold your parcels safely while they're out working...

----------------------------

yea, that didn't make sense to me either... I know some people who smokes their routes, but do take shortcuts to do it. I covered a rural area for a week & wondered how the regular driver was done so fast. His reply, " i go over the speed limit"
:whiteflag:

If you are going to quote me please fix my grammar ! :happy-very: