Stabilicer Cleats?

MassWineGuy

Ok. If there’s a lot of ice you must sometimes use something. When I worked at the Lynnfield North (MA) center there were boxes of slip-on cleats for anyone who wanted a pair.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Ok. If there’s a lot of ice you must sometimes use something. When I worked at the Lynnfield North (MA) center there were boxes of slip-on cleats for anyone who wanted a pair.

A good pair of gore- tex boots is all you need

If it gets worse than that EC is your friend. Why take chances

Box Ox

Will FedEx fire you if you’re not willing to walk across ice sheets to deliver? I’m with @burrheadd . If my Eccos don’t cut it the delivery isn’t gonna happen. But we’ve got a Union.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I have ice fishing cleats from fishusa.com. stabilicers walk ice cleats. 20 bucks. I don't go inside any where where I deliver. Fine to drive with.

MassWineGuy

Will FedEx fire you if you’re not willing to walk across ice sheets to deliver? I’m with @burrheadd . If my Eccos don’t cut it the delivery isn’t gonna happen. But we’ve got a Union.

No. We’re not fired for not attempting what a driver feels is an unsafe delivery. And I definitely don’t drive up any roads or driveways where my vehicle will get stuck.

Good boots are wonderful. But they won’t stop you from slipping on glare ice. Re: Thanks for the tip. I will look into those cleats.

A union is great to have, in general. Strength in numbers, etc. But it depends on the local and who the shop stewards are. At the Teamsters local for this area every treasurer for the past 20 or so years is either dead or in prison. I know it differs in other places.

JL 0513

Ice cleats are provided to drivers regularly by UPS for free. They are basic and not as nice as the OP's example.

35years

Gravy route
Ice cleats are provided to drivers regularly by UPS for free. They are basic and not as nice as the OP's example.
Depends on your center.
We were even required to wear them when our center bought them.
They bought them for us even when someone marked up a customer's floor.
They stopped when a driver twisted a knee since his foot would not pivot.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
if i can't walk or drive safely to the delivery location, it's being sheeted EC or missed

what are they gonna do, send me back to my office? lmao