Staples pick up

Boxjockey82

Does anyone else get bugged by Staples management to walk in and out of the "correct" door to save their conversion numbers? The "correct" door meaning the exit door. I always go in and out of the entry door because it's the quickest path to the copy center but they always bug me to go the long way because i mess up their conversion numbers.

Boxjockey82

For me or them? For me it is depending on how much i am taking out of there. If i did it their way it would take literally an extra 2 minutes of walking. For them i don't see why it's a big deal; I'm one person over the course of their 14 hour day.

Boxjockey82

It's like parking your truck at the end of the wide open slide when you get back. Is it a big deal? No, but who wants to make the extra walk after walking 10-12 miles over the course of a 9-10 hour day.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
No, never a word about that.
My biggest gripe with staples is their pickup. It was, and still should be a dock pickup.

Since they insist on a FD pickup, I'll use the entrance to exit the store.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I pick up at Staples. The copy center is to the right as you walk in so it would make no sense for me to go out the in door.

I do walk in the out door if it is open but have never walked out the in door.

Word of advice---do as they say. We have their account as they prefer us over the competition.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No, never a word about that.
My biggest gripe with staples is their pickup. It was, and still should be a dock pickup.

Since they insist on a FD pickup, I'll use the entrance to exit the store.

Ours used to have two pickups---one in the back for their stuff and one in the front for drop offs.

Boxjockey82

I pick up at Staples. The copy center is to the right as you walk in so it would make no sense for me to go out the in door.

I do walk in the out door if it is open but have never walked out the in door.

Word of advice---do as they say. We have their account as they prefer us over the competition.

See that's kind of how mine is except the exit door is to the left so it is the complete opposite direction of the copy center. I'm definitely not worried about them griping enough to lose the account. I've been on the route for 6 years and on countless occasions waited around for their customers who walk in wanting to ship as I've finished up. It's just annoying that they even complain about it when I'm walking out with a load of packages and they want me to take the long way lol

jaker

trolling
Well then load the cart up and start knocking stuff over when you are going it , after a couple times they will change their mind

Boxjockey82

Well then load the cart up and start knocking stuff over when you are going it , after a couple times they will change their mind

Lol I've done that inadvertently because of all the random crap they have on the floor on sale. Even tried to make it seem like i cared for the safety of their customers in line lol because the path they want me to take goes between their two cash registers.

ManInBrown

Hate the Staples pickup. Used to cover a route with Staples. All the packages behind the counter. Took like 10 trips to get everything outside. 15 employees standing behind the counter in the way. Had to maneuver a full hand truck thru the registers to get outside. HORRIBLE

Way worse then a heavy UPS store pickup. At least in the ups store there are maybe 2 or 3 customers. At staples there were 30 customers blocking the exit path.

rod

Retired 22 years
Does anyone else get bugged by Staples management to walk in and out of the "correct" door to save their conversion numbers? The "correct" door meaning the exit door. I always go in and out of the entry door because it's the quickest path to the copy center but they always bug me to go the long way because i mess up their conversion numbers.

Tell those worthless friend managers to walk in and out of the Exit doors to cancel your exits out the "In" door. Tell them you know all about the "numbers game" and that a good manager knows how to fudge them. Tell them to call your boss if he wants a lesson.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Tell those worthless friend managers to walk in and out of the Exit doors to cancel your exits out the "In" door. Tell them you know all about the "numbers game" and that a good manager knows how to fudge them. Tell them to call your boss if he wants a lesson.

...or the OP could simply comply with what sounds like a very polite request before it escalates to a not so polite concern...

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Did this years ago at a Cracker Barrel when I first started driving. They wanted me to deliver through the front door and then across the gift shop. Knocked a Christmas tree over with the handcart one day and busted a bunch of ornaments.
Was a backdoor guest after that day!:rolleyes: