Start time shadiness?

I've been working preload for less than a year and I'm noticing that when I'm told start time is, say, 4am and I go to punch in, the start time on the computer is usually a half hour to forty minutes later than when I was told to start. When I punch out, the day's hours seem to be calculated using the later start time. Am I donating time to UPS like a jackass? I mean, I like the company and all, but they still have to pay to be my friend.

You should not be doing any work period point blank before the buzzer rings. Do not touch packages or clean up work areas. You're not getting paid for that.

If supervisors are saying start is 0430 and you start working at 0400, they have a big problem on their hands. Labor board, union, management would all have a field day with it.

You do not scan anything or move anything or do anything at all until official start time. If they're adjusting the time later that's another thing. But if they're telling you start is 0400 and they don't start paying until 0430, they probably owe you a lot of money and heads will roll.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I've been working preload for less than a year and I'm noticing that when I'm told start time is, say, 4am and I go to punch in, the start time on the computer is usually a half hour to forty minutes later than when I was told to start. When I punch out, the day's hours seem to be calculated using the later start time. Am I donating time to UPS like a jackass? I mean, I like the company and all, but they still have to pay to be my friend.
supervisors are suppose to change it to reflect your time, make sure your paychecks are right, if not you have to file

browntroll

my start time on the punch in website is always a mess but i know the supervisors adjust it at the end of the
day or week. keep track of your hours just in case and match them with your paycheck.

brownIEman

The default start time is set in GTS the week prior. If it is not updated in the system weekly or when start time is changed for the short it will show up incorrectly ok your view.
Keep track of your hours and compare. If they are not setting the default correctly they have to correct everyone's timecard after the sort. Compare your record with the prior day. If it's off notify your supervisor. If it is not immediately corrected get a steward and file if necessary.

I take a picture every day and at the end of the week and keep a notepad on my phone. I've lost hundreds of dollars to them and before I knew it or could do anything. Now it's way too late.

Time card viewer doesn't give your actual punch. That punch can be adjusted, too, by management for a variety of reasons, and that is what you'll see.

You'll only see the adjusted punches calculated on TCV. I've literally had this same thing happen and got back pay out of it (worked through lunches and wrong wage). This is how it was explained to me by my center manager in front of my steward. If I'm wrong let me know so I can tell my steward on Friday.

You are paid based off of TCV.

Right. And if they change it (or fail to change a worked through lunch, etc) and it's wrong, your pay is wrong.

Just as much as them forgetting to change start time. If it says 0300 start and everyone comes in for 0400, it will count them as lates but have no effect on your pay.

BTW OP, they have to give 24 hours notice or a supervisor has to come up to you to change start time for the next day. Here it has to be posted at the time clock and the main entrance.

brownIEman

technically you are paid off of GTS (Global Timecard System) but TCV pulls its information directly from GTS so it should be the same.

Always double check. There are a lot of moving parts as it were.

35years

Gravy route
technically you are paid off of GTS (Global Timecard System) but TCV pulls its information directly from GTS so it should be the same.

Always double check. There are a lot of moving parts as it were.
Well I don't know the tech behind the curtain but I can tell you with certainty that the TCV can be wrong and contrary to what actual paid hours are on the paycheck. The OP needs to document and have witnesses.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Keep accurate records for yourself. If you're directed to work prior to scheduled start and you do, you should note that. If your check is ever short on hours you can then compare what you have to what that do and it should be corrected on the next check.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
And that is where you usually end up loosing time. Supervisor adjusting time cards to make their numbers look good.
To be honest with you, every day when I was in prelaod I started 30 min before actual start time and my sup was good at making sure I was paid accurately. I know because I went up to him and asked and he showed me how he did it and stated he does this every day for his group. I can not vouch for all sups but in my case it was correct