Start times changed without notice

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
We were told our start time is 6:15 for Wednesday.After I clock in (start time on clock says 6:15)we are told not to start working until 6:25 is that allowed in the contract?When I clocked out the start time for Wednesday was changed to 6:30,I told the supervisor they said they would change it,but I'll believe it when I see it.Whats my course of action regarding working five minutes off the clock? I am a union member btw

Last edited:

Swanson

they change it daily where i am at never posted i am guessing half the time because they don't tell us

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Our drivers don’t even have a start time , guys come in anywhere from 8:30 to 9:30. EXTREMELY DISORGANIZED WITH ALL THE TECHNOLOGY WE HAVE TODAY!
🧔✊

Swanson

Our regular start time is 5:30. Monday 5:45,Tuesday 6:15,Wednesday we were told 6:15 when we got there they told us 6:25 Thursday 6:30.Does that seem right?When you guys worked in the warehouse did your start times change on a nightly basis ? I forgot to mention when I came in today the machines were running and boxes were going down the shoots prior to our new start time.

Elmo.goes.to.prom

Our regular start time is 5:30. Monday 5:45,Tuesday 6:15,Wednesday we were told 6:15 when we got there they told us 6:25 Thursday 6:30.Does that seem right?When you guys worked in the warehouse did your start times change on a nightly basis ? I forgot to mention when I came in today the machines were running and boxes were going down the shoots prior to our new start time.
That's not something small to forget to mention.

Yes. That's a big issue. Talk to your steward. File a grievance.

Steamer

We were told our start time is 6:15 for Wednesday.After I clock in (start time on clock says 6:15)we are told not to start working until 6:25 is that allowed in the contract?When I clocked out the start time for Wednesday was changed to 6:30,I told the supervisor they said they would change it,but I'll believe it when I see it.Whats my course of action regarding working five minutes off the clock? I am a union member btw
I'm still sleeping soundly as you are getting your PCM. You start time is 3 hours before our start time. WTH.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Jesus I remember those days. We didn’t know start time for the next day until the end of the sort. I remember clocking out every night and having to ask the sup what start time was for the next day.

We also had some people on what they called a staggered start. So start time would be 5:30 for pickoffs and 5:45 for loaders. Just sit on your ass and don’t touch a thing until your start time.

Box Handler of Dallas

They do this in my center for the night sort sometimes. I tell the supervisor I was told to be here at this start time, I was on time, I expect to be paid. My time is always corrected to when I was told to report.

Heavy Package

I am sick of this S* by UPS. This is illegal and unethical. Ms. "Better not Bigger" Tome needs to focus on this if she wants to change the culture.

Changed my driver pay code to 05 without telling me screwing me out of over $120. Filed paperwork with the office and HR denied the claim. Filed a grievance and magically it is fixed. 2 pay periods later. Wonder why no one cares about stuff at UPS? It's because pay and time issues are rampant and unethical.

Swanson

b) Start times shall be posted on the prior Friday of the week for which the starting times shall be effective. Start times shall be con-sistent during the week except as provided in the provisions out-lined in Article 21. If the Employer fails to post start times, employ-ees shall not be disciplined for tardiness.
ARTICLE 21 - DELAYED START TIMES The Employer may delay the start time of employees due to inclement weather, earthquakes, civil unrest, floods and any Acts of God that result in delaying the arrival of ground packages, provided the affected employees are notified at least two (2) hours in advance of their scheduled start times. Start times will not be delayed unless the delay is equal to one (1) hour or more.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
I am sick of this S* by UPS. This is illegal and unethical. Ms. "Better not Bigger" Tome needs to focus on this if she wants to change the culture.

Changed my driver pay code to 05 without telling me screwing me out of over $120. Filed paperwork with the office and HR denied the claim. Filed a grievance and magically it is fixed. 2 pay periods later. Wonder why no one cares about stuff at UPS? It's because pay and time issues are rampant and unethical.
It’s insane the amount of issues with paychecks that is just standard operating procedure. I’ve worked other places with less pay and no benefits but the checks were always right.

Swanson

Jesus I remember those days. We didn’t know start time for the next day until the end of the sort. I remember clocking out every night and having to ask the sup what start time was for the next day.

We also had some people on what they called a staggered start. So start time would be 5:30 for pickoffs and 5:45 for loaders. Just sit on your ass and don’t touch a thing until your start time.

@542thruNthru I have a question for you,I am on staggered start time 15 min after no matter what our start time is(I was never told I was on it ,wasn't like this when I started working at UPS in fact they tell me to come in at the start time)When I clock in the computer says 15 minutes after for my time.I found (for the first time in 5 months) the weekly start time for my sort, I took a picture of it.I am going to grieve it ,what do I grieve them for discrimination,plus penalty pay?(Start time for everybody except Swanson)I just sit there for 15 minutes like everybody else, except I am not getting paid and they are.

542thruNthru

@542thruNthru I have a question for you,I am on staggered start time 15 min after no matter what our start time is(I was never told I was on it ,wasn't like this when I started working at UPS in fact they tell me to come in at the start time)When I clock in the computer says 15 minutes after for my time.I found (for the first time in 5 months) the weekly start time for my sort, I took a picture of it.I am going to grieve it ,what do I grieve them for discrimination,plus penalty pay?(Start time for everybody except Swanson)I just sit there for 15 minutes like everybody else, except I am not getting paid and they are.
Article 17 "Paid for time"

You are reporting to work as scheduled/directed and should be paid. Speak with your steward or BA and inform them of the situation. File the grievance for as far back as your supplemental agreement will allow.

Swanson

Article 17 "Paid for time"

You are reporting to work as scheduled/directed and should be paid. Speak with your steward or BA and inform them of the situation. File the grievance for as far back as your supplemental agreement will allow.
thank you just spoke with my ba he said 15 days and he told me to file under 17 like you said