Start Times

MC0493

8:35 the last 2 weeks. I'm a cover driver so i get in whenever the heck i get done lol. On average i'd say between 6-8, sometimes earlier sometimes later. I pass the fedex building on my way in and they're already moving out and that's around 7:55-8am

mrbrownstone

8:40 start. Usually getting in road around 8:55 unless there is late air.

I cover so finish times very but usually between 6:30 and 7:30.

Packmule

Ours floats depending on preload finish times. Scheduled times are 8:30 Mondays, 9:15 rest of the week, by floating, I mean that if the preload is done prior, they cut us loose.
Here's my schedule:
8:15: early. Awesome.
8:30: On time. What it should be.
9:00: Getting a bit ugly, but we will survive.
9:15: Clock out, go home and hope management can do a better job of taking care of me tomorrow so I can take care of the customer and keep us in business.
Doesn't work that way, but it ought to.
Sucks being at the end of the NDA flight line!

johnny_hotdog

Our start times are soon to be 9am. Since we got Orion they just keep backing them up and we still stand around waiting for them to finish the routes.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
We have split times within the center (ridiculous) 8:50 and 9. So you have one driver who starts at 8:50 sandwiched between 2 9:00 drivers and cannot leave until one of them leaves

JL 0513

How is it that FedEx has a system that they get their work in so much earlier? Seems both ground and air are moving early. Plus, I don't think I've ever seen a FedEx truck out much after 5pm while we're consistently out past 7:30.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
How is it that FedEx has a system that they get their work in so much earlier? Seems both ground and air are moving early. Plus, I don't think I've ever seen a FedEx truck out much after 5pm while we're consistently out past 7:30.
Plain and simple. UPS wants us out late.

RolloTony Brown Town

That's not the norm for fed ex drivers I've met. A lot of times they are out just as late as us but start much earlier. They also have a larger territory to cover, less pay, and no Union to back them up.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Plain and simple. UPS wants us out late.

I have to agree. When I started at UPS we loaded our own trucks. The first technology change in our area, after the very first diad, was to put in a preload. It was not only to save money, but it was also part of the original branding campaign to call ups "Brown." They wanted to increase visibility by having us work later. We were told that we'd be wrapped up by 8 AM and work until 6/7 on heavy days.

Our DM said "you'll be the first ones on the street and the LAST ones off the street. We want people to see us at all times, and think only of Brown for their shipping needs."

We got later leave building times with each tech "improvement" until we were starting at 9 and leaving at 9:45, and still sometimes returning again for late air.

We joked we were never the first ones on the street, but we're always always, the last ones off the street.

Ups was half right again, after all.

Boulevard859710

I have to agree. When I started at UPS we loaded our own trucks. The first technology change in our area, after the very first diad, was to put in a preload. It was not only to save money, but it was also part of the original branding campaign to call ups "Brown." They wanted to increase visibility by having us work later. We were told that we'd be wrapped up by 8 AM and work until 6/7 on heavy days.

Our DM said "you'll be the first ones on the street and the LAST ones off the street. We want people to see us at all times, and think only of Brown for their shipping needs."

We got later leave building times with each tech "improvement" until we were starting at 9 and leaving at 9:45, and still sometimes returning again for late air.

We joked we were never the first ones on the street, but we're always always, the last ones off the street.

Ups was half right again, after all.
It's funny that with all their so called improvements, EDD, ORION they created more problems.