Started at UPS May 2016 in Texas

Texas Tim

Hello everyone! I am new to UPS, started mid May 2020. Made it though my first 30 days and my wife got to asking me about a pension. I am thinking about staying part time at ups till I hit 60, that is 20 years away. I really do not mind the job and we were wondering the following.

If I retire prior to 65 do I get a pension and retirement benefits? If so how much or is there a calculation to figure out. Currently I am 40 and I always wanted to retire early, hopefully i can with Brown. I am a huge planner and would love to know the formula.

Thanks....

PT Crazy

Get your hands on a contract. It spells it all out. More than likely you will need to work 25 years part time. Make sure you get your 750 hours in each year. Or you will be like some.....surprised you have to work even longer.

Hello everyone! I am new to UPS, started mid May 2020. Made it though my first 30 days and my wife got to asking me about a pension. I am thinking about staying part time at ups till I hit 60, that is 20 years away. I really do not mind the job and we were wondering the following.

If I retire prior to 65 do I get a pension and retirement benefits? If so how much or is there a calculation to figure out. Currently I am 40 and I always wanted to retire early, hopefully i can with Brown. I am a huge planner and would love to know the formula.

Thanks....
First of all you need to get 5 years with the company to be vested, then go from there

11.19igrad

Thanks....
with our first of many to come super viruses and the rapid decline of usa i wouldnt count on being cozy with a pt pension in 27 YEARS. thats 2047. :censored2: by then will make 2020 look like 1985.
ugh why so BASIC???

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"

Thanks....
The key for the part time pension at your age is to get to 65 . If you get to 65 with 25 years of service you get a balloon. If you have 20 in @ 60 they will penalize you for every year under 65. I did 23 and went out @ 65 and net about $1000.00 a month guaranteed for 10 years. If I check out they will pay my wife. After 10 the money is still good but with no beneficiary benefit .About the only thing good that NJ does is not tax low dollar pensions. You need 750 hrs worked in a calendar year for a full pension credit. You get partial for less time. . The formula is $60.00 per year worked x the number of years . The pension comes directly from the company not the Teamsters.
It is a tough thing to work 2 jobs for all that time. Good Luck!