Starting a Vacation...

NHDRVR

So, I am sitting on my deck enjoying a cup of coffee looking forward to the next 4 weeks off. Sun is shining, kids aren't arguing, wife is shopping, dog next door isn't barking. Things are good right now.

What is the first thing you do when starting your vacation??

Cheers.

Big Babooba

So, I am sitting on my deck enjoying a cup of coffee looking forward to the next 4 weeks off. Sun is shining, kids aren't arguing, wife is shopping, dog next door isn't barking. Things are good right now.

What is the first thing you do when starting your vacation??

Cheers.
So, I am sitting in my kitchen trying to enjoy a cup of coffee looking back at the last 4 weeks off. It is raining, kids are arguing, wife is nagging, dog next door won't shut up. Things are not good right now. I'm climbing the walls! Can't wait to get back to work.

Enjoy your vacation!:happy-very:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
So, I am sitting in my kitchen trying to enjoy a cup of coffee looking back at the last 4 weeks off. It is raining, kids are arguing, wife is nagging, dog next door won't shut up. Things are not good right now. I'm climbing the walls! Can't wait to get back to work.

I can see you have a hell of a hang over this morning!:wink2:

NHDRVR

...laughing my a** off

Cementups

Box Monkey
I don't know how you can take 4 weeks off at a time. As I get older I need more breaks throught he year. I get 4 weeks off per year and take them every 3 months +/-

My next vacation is the week before Labor Day and i am planning a trip to Vegas for Sunday thru Wednesday of that week. Its not like I'm looking forward to it or anything :)

40 and out

I don't think I could go back after 4 weeks off. It's hard enough to go back after 2. When I got my 7th week of vacation I thought about taking 3 weeks,but didn't mostly because it would be too hard to go back.

NHDRVR

I don't think I could go back after 4 weeks off. It's hard enough to go back after 2. When I got my 7th week of vacation I thought about taking 3 weeks,but didn't mostly because it would be too hard to go back.

I have been doing so long now that if I don't get a long break in the summer I get cranky. There is something about a few weeks in a row that gets all of my knots untied. I recommend that everyone try it at least once.

NHDRVR

I forgot to mention that we have a guy who has 7 weeks a year and every alternate year he gets 14 in a row by taking the last 7 of the calendar year followed up the the next years 1st 7.
This is something I don't think i could do. Too long in between...

Being hard to go back is exactly why some of us take larger vacations. With one or even two weeks you need the first few days to wind down,maybe two you actually relax,then you have anxiety because you`re going to have to go back to work. When you take a larger vacation the rest period is longer and the anxiety period is shorter if at all. I won`t take less than three,this year I took seven.