Starting immediately?

guessagain

Just passed driving school on Friday and they told me to give a week's notice for my current job and that they'd call in a week or 2 weeks with my start date. Well today is Monday and they called and want me to start tomorrow. I explained I just gave my week's notice as instructed and am not even in town, they said Wednesday was the latest they could do or I no longer have the job. I haven't even moved to the city yet, the move was supposed to be this weekend. I live 500 miles away and I'm supposed to move my apartment, my pets, everything by tomorrow? (and my apartment isn't even ready yet)? Is there anything I can do at this point? Is it really worth it? I've seen posts that you have to wait a year to retake training, but those were all cases where people failed. If I passed but can't start when they want me to, do you think I'll still be able to retry in a year?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Just passed driving school on Friday and they told me to give a week's notice for my current job and that they'd call in a week or 2 weeks with my start date. Well today is Monday and they called and want me to start tomorrow. I explained I just gave my week's notice as instructed and am not even in town, they said Wednesday was the latest they could do or I no longer have the job. I haven't even moved to the city yet, the move was supposed to be this weekend. I live 500 miles away and I'm supposed to move my apartment, my pets, everything by tomorrow? (and my apartment isn't even ready yet)? Is there anything I can do at this point? Is it really worth it? I've seen posts that you have to wait a year to retake training, but those were all cases where people failed. If I passed but can't start when they want me to, do you think I'll still be able to retry in a year?
It’s the ups way or the highway
Good thing is you get to choose which

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
That's a long commute everyday

clean hairy

Beg, plead, and grovel with your existing employer to keep your existing job.
UPS can kick you down the road before your 30 days are up. Then, you are in a new city with no job.
Maybe I missed something, but why did you apply with UPS 500 miles from home?
There has to be locations closer than that...

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
BF1D02C0-4CED-4790-8346-5DBB4F9EC3F9.jpeg

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
UPS can kick you down the road before your 30 days are up. Then, you are in a new city with no job.
He lives in Kandahar

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
The kid might be able to car pool with @quad decade guy in his single engine Cessna

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
Hope this helps