Starting my training route next tuesday, any suggestions?

jalnar

Two weeks ago I passed the driver training school (4 days because of memorial day) and next week I'll be starting my training route. Anyone have any suggestions for what I should expect, and what will be expected of me during my probationary period. I really don't want to lose this job.
you are taking a senority drivers route away.so you already have 1 person pissed at you. If you never drove you will wash out before your 30 days

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
you are taking a senority drivers route away.so you already have 1 person pissed at you. If you never drove you will wash out before your 30 days
When you bid a route it will state whether it is a training route or not. If you win a training route, then you will have to periodically give it up for some eager newbie for 30 days. If you don't like that possibility then don't bid a training route.

novadriver

Thanks for the useful info guys :biggrin: , tomorrow I will put it to use and hopefully I'll be alot faster... Thinking back to friday, I see where i lost alot of time by not uncommiting the residential stops, and going back to truck twice when it was unneccesary.. I was just so nervous, but I feel confident I'll do a better job tomorrow.

platinum9898

Thanks for the useful info guys :biggrin: , tomorrow I will put it to use and hopefully I'll be alot faster... Thinking back to friday, I see where i lost alot of time by not uncommiting the residential stops, and going back to truck twice when it was unneccesary.. I was just so nervous, but I feel confident I'll do a better job tomorrow.

You are doing great man. You will be nervous, might even feel like a failure because you are giving it all you got. Just remember it takes a month or so to get used to the route especially if you never drove before. I just passed my 30 a few weeks ago. Just keep going 100% show them you never give up. You get better everyday and they see that. If they like your attitude and see you don't give up then your sup will do all he can to help you succeed. Keep the faith one day it will all click. Good luck!!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

novadriver

You are doing great man. You will be nervous, might even feel like a failure because you are giving it all you got. Just remember it takes a month or so to get used to the route especially if you never drove before. I just passed my 30 a few weeks ago. Just keep going 100% show them you never give up. You get better everyday and they see that. If they like your attitude and see you don't give up then your sup will do all he can to help you succeed. Keep the faith one day it will all click. Good luck!!!

Sent using BrownCafe App
Its starting to click, i know theres still more clicking to learn but im looking forward to tomorrow to showem my dedication... Thanks for the positive feedback platinum

DoctorMario

Sent using BrownCafe App
Its great to have people on the board like you. Great job dude ! Keep it up.

Sent using BrownCafe App

keeb86

Two weeks ago I passed the driver training school (4 days because of memorial day) and next week I'll be starting my training route. Anyone have any suggestions for what I should expect, and what will be expected of me during my probationary period. I really don't want to lose this job.
Don't do what the new guy did two weeks ago and and fueled his diesel tank with unleaded. That's a bad sign right there...

Sent using BrownCafe App

turdbrown

a driver told me when i started to look up for wires/ tree branches. that has saved me a bunch of times. get off of the clock as soon as you can. don't b late or call in sick during your 30 days. don't Be safe with people/custs. get in and out as fast as u can. sort your car as much as u can during the day. good luck

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I've had a "training route" for 3.5 years now and have not once been relieved of my route. It helps that I don't know anything else (aside from my old route).
This last bid they made a bunch of routes training routes. One of my buddies hasn't run his route yet 5 months in because we've been training a lot.

turdbrown

Seriously....Did you take a dump in a dr bag too?
no, but good idea!ill, remember that! a driver in our ctr did drop a deuce on the side of an apt bld. then he wiped with a burger king hamburger wrapper! Now we call him "smoky". U know, from the movie Friday!

Jimmyb31

I'm a off the street driver and I was hired full time. I just finished my second full week by myself. My time from my first week to this last week had gone down by half. I hope to start scratching this week. I have not had 1 single late air I have not missed a single package and my attitude is great. My question is can the DQ me for not scratching on my second week. A Supervisor pulled me in the office Friday to tell me my time wasn't improving, but that's BS bcuz it has from the previous week. My direct sup was on vacation last week and he asked me to get my time down by half before he got back and that's what I did. Not sure this other Sup knows that or not or what's going on. Just worried I may get DQ'd if I don't scratch this coming week. I'm only off by about a hour. My training route is hard. I have huge pick ups and like 13 of them during the day. Plus 115 stops and they want me done in 8 hours. Any advice??

JB-Brown