Starting soon, any tips?

goetface

Hey everyone, so i got work I should be starting beginning of july, I go tomarrow infact to show my SS and DL. At this point Ill be starting either as an loader/unloader, and was wondering what tips I should follow to make it through my 90day? I got experience loading/unloading trucks, and Im not to scared about the work its the politics involved that I read about here.

Leftinbuilding

When I started, I asked the center manager who his best driver was. He pointed him out, I watched his work ethic, and 35+ years later I am happily retired. Some people are determined to be miserable.....be careful who you link up with.

ymelord

First off you are going to have to work longer than 90 days to gain senority. You can't start gaining senority till after Labor Day, if I remember correctly. Upstate's right on with be on time, do your job, and punch out, then go home and drink lots of beer, because your life is in a downward spiral. GOOD LUCK

satellitedriver

Hey everyone, so i got work I should be starting beginning of july, I go tomarrow infact to show my SS and DL. At this point Ill be starting either as an loader/unloader, and was wondering what tips I should follow to make it through my 90day? I got experience loading/unloading trucks, and Im not to scared about the work its the politics involved that I read about here.

Do what they tell you to do, unless it compromises your own moral code.

Good Luck and keep true to yourself.

OptimusPrime

I'm sure I will get hated to hell and back, but it is what it is, at least in my hub. Show no sign of hard work or intelligence. Do just enough to get by. Hell, fly your flag. Let them know you suck. You will be rewarded. They will move you to easier work and let the dumbasses sweat it out. Under no such circumstances do you let them know you are eager to work and do a good job. They will just pile work on you, and it will never be considered in terms of advancement.

Leftinbuilding

I'm sure I will get hated to hell and back, but it is what it is, at least in my hub. Show no sign of hard work or intelligence. Do just enough to get by. Hell, fly your flag. Let them know you suck. You will be rewarded. They will move you to easier work and let the dumbasses sweat it out. Under no such circumstances do you let them know you are eager to work and do a good job. They will just pile work on you, and it will never be considered in terms of advancement.

This is the kind of person to which I referred. Dead weight that others must carry.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Be prepared for hard work, bring plenty of cool h2o , wear loose fitting clothes, a bandana could be handy , uses cotton gloves because the cardboard sucks moisture from your hands, relax and enjoy for you will be getting paid to have your best physical workout for a while.
The politics only begin when you advance to another stage, a life long employee.
Should you reach that stage, and only a select few do , then pick which battles you think that you can win, because the deck will be stacked against you at every turn.
Come back here whenever you need help and read some posts , we discuss many things , some may even be helpful.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
This is the kind of person to which I referred. Dead weight that others must carry.

Yet he's right, ya know. The ones who act like that have it soooo good. I call them rejects, yet UPS considers them their future, why? Because those types are usally the ones left around after all is said in done. They work those hard workers to death, most end up quitting because of it. While the ones who do next to nothing are the only option left, due to senority. The union works both ways in this factor, to reward and protect those who work poorly and to never recognize those who work hard.

In my opinion, UPS isnt an equal opportunity employer. And I dont mean in hires. I mean in treatment of those working for them. They are extremely bias top to bottom.

goetface

Sounds good, im looking forward to the workout, havent had a good one in a while. Im actually shocked at how long it takes to get hired and start, what a bitch indeed! Indeed its sad we live in a buisness culture where hard work just isnt truely rewarded anymore, corporations are just cut throat for a dollar, so some owner who makes 100000000000000000000000000000+ a year can add an extra dollar to their pay to look slick dick rick at the country club.

goetface

If my sup seyz something to meh Imz give him dis dere look.
dereksmith.jpg