Starting @ UPS....

xdjkatx

I just got word yesterday that I'll be working for ups. I start on Monday. I was told during my interview that I will be covered for health vision and dental all in 2 months. My question for the ones that have been through the process is Do we have a choice of insurance plans to chose from ? If so what's the best one to choose......

thanks

dallas

dillweed

Our center has Aetna insurance, we have no choice. However, the insurance has been very good with no problems.

Best of luck with the job!

old levi's

blank space
You will soon discover that there are very few choices at ups. Oddly enough, your health insurance as a part-timer will be superior to mine as a full-time employee.

brownrodster

You will soon discover that there are very few choices at ups. Oddly enough, your health insurance as a part-timer will be superior to mine as a full-time employee.

Wow, in my region the FT health coverage is far superior to that of the PTers.

helenofcalifornia

In Norcal, the insurance for PT and FT is exactly the same. I think you might have a Kaiser option if one of their hospitals is in the area. Great insurance, though. You are going to love it.

sx2700

Banned
I just got word yesterday that I'll be working for ups. I start on Monday. I was told during my interview that I will be covered for health vision and dental all in 2 months. My question for the ones that have been through the process is Do we have a choice of insurance plans to chose from ? If so what's the best one to choose......

thanks

dallas

I thought the new contract read that part timers had to wait a year for insurance now.

Braveheart

It takes more like 4 months for medical. If you start after Aug. 1, 2008 it is 12 months for you and 18 months for your spouse and kids, great job union. Vision is now a 6 month wait and dental 12 months. After Aug. 1, 2008 I think it is same as medical 12 and 18.

LKLND3380

I thought the new contract read that part timers had to wait a year for insurance now.

The way I understand it is that ANYONE hired before August 1, 2008 is covered under the old contract for health insurance. Check with your local...

The SOUTHERN Suppliment to the Master Agreement:
ARTICLE 68 — HEALTH AND WELFARE

(a) Effective January 1, 2008 health and welfare coverage
for all part-time employees covered by Employer sponsored
health and welfare plans on the payroll at that date
and those hired thereafter will be provided pursuant to the
terms of an Employer sponsored nationwide health care
plan, namely, the UPS National Health Plan for Part-Time
Employees. (A copy of the Summary Plan Description will
be provided.) Features of the plan will include a prescription
card.

(b) Notwithstanding any contrary provision in
this Supplement or any Rider or Addendum, individual
health coverage will be made available to part-time
employees hired after August 1, 2008 after twelve (12)
months of active employment
and spousal or dependant
coverage
will be made available to these part-time employees
eighteen (18) months after their initial date of employment

The Atlantic Area Suppliment to the Master Agreement:
Section 10 – Health and Welfare

Part time employees covered by a Teamster Health and
Welfare Fund will continue to be covered by those funds.

(a) Notwithstanding Article 34, Section 1(d) of the Master
Agreement, effective January 1, 2008, health and welfare
coverage for all part-time employees on the payroll
at that time and those hired thereafter will be provided
pursuant to the terms of an Employer sponsored
nationwide health care plan, namely, the UPS National
Health Plan for Part-Time Employees. (A copy of the
Summary Plan Description will be provided.)
Features of the plan will include a prescription card.
This paragraph shall supersede any provisions on the
same subject in any Supplement, Rider, or Addendum,
including those Supplemental provisions which require
part-time benefits to be equal to or the same as fulltime
medical benefits.

(b) Notwithstanding Article 34, Section 1(d) of the Master
Agreement or any contrary provision in any
Supplement, Rider, or Addendum, (i) individual health
coverage will be made available to part-time employees
hired after August 1, 2008, after twelve (12) months
of active employment
and (ii) spousal or dependant
coverage
will be made available to these part-time
employees eighteen (18) months after their initial date
of employment

The Southwest Suppliment to the Master Agreement:
SECTION 16 - HEALTH INSURANCE COVERAGE

UPS will provide Health and Welfare benefits as described in their Plan Description titled “THE UPS HEALTH AND WELFARE PACKAGE” and benefit comparison that was proposed and presented on August 28, 1997.

Employees hired prior to August 1, 2008, and their eligible dependents, shall become eligible for this coverage six (6) months after their seniority date. In accordance with National Master Agreement Article 34, Section 2(b) employees hired on or after August 1, 2008, shall become eligible for this coverage after twelve (12) months of active employment and spousal or dependant coverage will be made available to these part-time employees eighteen (18) months after their initial date of employment.

The Central Region Suppliment to the Master Agreement:
Section 4 Part-Time Medical Coverage

(b) Effective January 1, 2008 health and welfare coverage for all part-time employees covered by Employer sponsored health and welfare plans on the payroll at that date and those hired thereafter will be provided pursuant to the terms of an Employer sponsored nationwide health care plan, namely, the UPS National Health Plan for Part-Time Employees. (A copy of the Summary Plan Description will be provided.) Features of the plan will include a prescription card.

(c) Notwithstanding any contrary provision in this Supplement or any Rider or Addendum, individual health coverage will be made available to part-time employees hired after August 1, 2008 after twelve (12) months of active employment and spousal or dependant coverage will be made available to these part-time employees eighteen (18) months after their initial date of employment.

xdjkatx

I should double check with the HR department. I'm 100% sure that I was told 2months till all three kicked in. I'll give an update as soon as I get a positive answer.

PAUPSER

I know are center in PA, it used to be 60 days for health insurance, your choice or blue cross and aetna for health and aetna for dentist and eye and a 50 cent raise after 90 days. Now new hires after August I believe have to wait 12 months for insurance and 6 months for the 50 cent raise.