Station Cameras

MassWineGuy

Our last senior manager had cameras installed all around the station with a wall of monitors in his office. He’s gone, but they remain. Do you think they record or simply observe live?

rod

Retired 22 years
Our last senior manager had cameras installed all around the station with a wall of monitors in his office. He’s gone, but they remain. Do you think they record or simply observe live?
When he is out of the office moon a camera and you will have your answer.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
I stepped off the crapper and tripped on my cawk, hit my head on the stall door. The coat ring tore my nostril, due to the cameras... not a work accident.

CJinx

Wall of monitors in the SRM's office is unusual.

The cameras are pretty standard across the network; SRM and above can view them live or watch archived footage. Livestreaming the cameras is frowned upon because it eats up company bandwidth. As far as I know, they're only ever looked at when there is an issue like theft, workplace violence, yard incident, etc.

It will be fine

Wall of monitors in the SRM's office is unusual.

The cameras are pretty standard across the network; SRM and above can view them live or watch archived footage. Livestreaming the cameras is frowned upon because it eats up company bandwidth. As far as I know, they're only ever looked at when there is an issue like theft, workplace violence, yard incident, etc.
Somehow whenever one my trucks gets hit by something at the terminal it happened in a camera “blind spot.”

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
giphy.gif