Station cutbacks

FredSmithsDaddy

We were told Thursday, we would no longer be supplied styrofoam cups and coffee. This is an embarrassment to the company I work for. Its cups and coffee, for Pete's sake!

HomeDelivery

they stopped supplying our HD terminal w/ hot cocoa mix; i used to mix that w/ coffee to make mocha ~ that was my purple kool-aid!

they still supply coffee & i see the single-serve Keurig-style dispensers for the management team in their office

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Commencing next week we have to start bringing in our own toilet paper...I'll be bringing my saved up "From the Chairman"s

DontThrowPackages

We were told starting in August, with the help of the engineers, we will be given a gas allotment per week. If we stay with in the allotment, no problem. If we go over(run out of gas), we have the option of receiving an OLCC or using our own personal funds to make up the difference needed to finish out the day or week. (JK) LOL.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Commencing next week we have to start bringing in our own toilet paper...I'll be bringing my saved up "From the Chairman"s

Try the Service Guide instead. Much softer paper...better absorbent qualities too. It is nice to wipe your ass on Fred's face though, plus "From The Chairman" clogs the toilet nicely.

Doc Sorting Dude

Our supplies at our station are really bad. Door tags,Sat/FO stickers, sig records are dwindling. The very things customers and crr's need and we don't have an ample supply. In fact our station mechanic just up and left recently, he was getting no support and now we have an even worse replacement. He won't fix (or order) anything unless it's critical.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Our supplies at our station are really bad. Door tags,Sat/FO stickers, sig records are dwindling. The very things customers and crr's need and we don't have an ample supply. In fact our station mechanic just up and left recently, he was getting no support and now we have an even worse replacement. He won't fix (or order) anything unless it's critical.

I have heard that mechanics can no longer stockpile common replacement items like wipers, headlights etc. They have to order them and then wait for it to arrive via P2. Another cost-savings idea that is just plain stupid.

whenIgetthere

I have heard that mechanics can no longer stockpile common replacement items like wipers, headlights etc. They have to order them and then wait for it to arrive via P2. Another cost-savings idea that is just plain stupid.

Our mechanic told me the same thing a few weeks ago when the truck I was driving needed a wiper. Lots of rain that day so had to use a spare because of a wiper! Seriously, it gets more friend'd up every day. All this B/S to artificially move the stock price up!

DontThrowPackages

Our mechanic told me the same thing a few weeks ago when the truck I was driving needed a wiper. Lots of rain that day so had to use a spare because of a wiper! Seriously, it gets more friend'd up every day. All this B/S to artificially move the stock price up!
Don't be surprised if someone way up in the company cashes out and retires.

CJinx

You didn't just get a new senior manager did you? I swear every fresh manager gets his panties in a wad about possibly going over budget for the year so they cut all the stupid things out. Coffee supplies cost our small station about $100 a month (coffee is available and free to all employees, guests, ISPs and their employees) so any incoming newcomer sees that as $1,200 a year in savings than can be cut out.

It has been done before and they usually reconsider in a month or two.
Now I don't drink coffee, but don't cut out the hot cocoa or I'll be a very unhappy camper!

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
Every day I take a bunch of door tags,bags then I toss em out at the nearest dumpster on the route..My little form of protest against the scum known as ground..

STFXG

You didn't just get a new senior manager did you? I swear every fresh manager gets his panties in a wad about possibly going over budget for the year so they cut all the stupid things out. Coffee supplies cost our small station about $100 a month (coffee is available and free to all employees, guests, ISPs and their employees) so any incoming newcomer sees that as $1,200 a year in savings than can be cut out.

It has been done before and they usually reconsider in a month or two.
Now I don't drink coffee, but don't cut out the hot cocoa or I'll be a very unhappy camper!

Here's an idea. Rather than standing around doing nothing but talking about how awesome FedEx is, one of the dozen "managers" can drive to the gas station and buy the group a cup of coffee. It'll help keep you all awake while surfing the Internet all day.