Status-exception?

Bigguy718

Hello all ok here we go package was shipped on 1/13/10 ground service from CA to NY never received a departure scan and is just showing billing info received really worried since this is a wedding outfit i need for 1/27/10 and it was supposed to be here 1/20 any help would be appreciated ,,,,tracking number is 1ZR4R2670382457770

UPSGUY72

Hello all ok here we go package was shipped on 1/13/10 ground service from CA to NY never received a departure scan and is just showing billing info received really worried since this is a wedding outfit i need for 1/27/10 and it was supposed to be here 1/20 any help would be appreciated ,,,,tracking number is 1ZR4R2670382457770

It appear your package got missorted. On the 18th it was still in CA. It is currently somewhere between there and NY. You should be getting your package on monday the 25.

A little advise next time you might want order important stuff a little earlier than 2 weeks. What would happen if you get the item and it was the wrong thing and you had to send it back. Just a little advise.

Bigguy718

hey upsguy thanks for the quick reply quick question any reason why there hasnt been any scan showing it left ca? and as for ordering for ordering at the last minute it was actually a hand me down item from a family member there kind of a last minute thing out of my control lol

It appear your package got missorted. On the 18th it was still in CA. It is currently somewhere between there and NY. You should be getting your package on monday the 25.

A little advise next time you might want order important stuff a little earlier than 2 weeks. What would happen if you get the item and it was the wrong thing and you had to send it back. Just a little advise.
And as we have recently been told, we suck at this part. LOL

Bigguy718

well the day has come and no package im really bummed out can anyone on here help me ? i called ups and there basically saying its lost in there eyes and the ups store i shipped it out of is saing sometjing about putting a tracer on it

is the destination address a business or residential ? If it is a res, there is still plenty of day left.
A tracer is an official search for the package by the center that should be delivering the package. This process takes a week or so to complete, in some cases. I don't understand how there are no more scans showing than there is unless it is indeed lost in our system. Keep after the call center.

hudson

This is more than likely not going to be delivered today. Something strange has happened...I have seen this before and it's probably one of two things: 1. The label came off and UPS does not know what to do with the package. or 2. This is a used box that has an old tracking number on it. I can try to search our "lost and found" if you can provide me with a more detailed description as to what the contents are.

Bigguy718

Trplnkl it is a business address where i work call center basically is telling me the package is lost

hudson it was a brand new box bought at the ups store ,,,,,

highway man there pretty much isnt a scan history check for yourself the tracking # is up top ,,,,,,

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

At this point the shipper will request that a tracer, also called a driver follow up, will be issued. The driver will come to your place of business and ask you to sign a form indicating that you did or did not receive the pkg. When this form is completed and turned in, UPS will then issue a check for the insured value to the shipper.

Bigguy718

man this sucks lol someone stole my package

jw55 i was looking for a phone # for a hub at the last scan or something and theres nothing up there the guy at the store i had it delievered from said hes never seen a package go up to marysville ca from sacramento ca

Bigguy718

hey still no package for me but i got a new scan today which baffles me because it like went back in time and shows a scan on jan15th and it says ROCKLIN, CA US Jan 15, 2010 10:00 AM UPS INTERNAL ACTIVITY / UPS INTERNAL ACTIVITY?????? and status is still in exception what do you guys think should i just forget about it ?

UPSGUY72

yea but the shipper wrote the address on the box so even if the label came off theres still the addy on the box

That don't mean anything they need a tracking number. People use old boxes (not that yours was ) all the time with 2 or 3 different address written on them. We go by the shiping label not the written address unless the shipping label states otherwise.

hudson

2nd request...please provide a detailed description of the contents and I will check the UPS "lost and found" data base.

Bigguy718

hdson there was a suit in there for a wedding really dosent matter since i missed the wedding it was yesterday just wondering how this happened