Staying an unloader

dukey24

I was hired as an unloader last year and I enjoy the job. I've tried loading and small sort too. If I was hired to unload, does that mean I will be one permanately or do they move you as time goes by

FilingBluesFL

I was hired as an unloader last year and I enjoy the job. I've tried loading and small sort too. If I was hired to unload, does that mean I will be one permanately or do they move you as time goes by

It's whatever you choose to do.

You pick what job you want to do when the bid sheets get posted, if you have enough seniority and there is a position open, then you get that job.

Otherwise, you basically get put where they need you. Whether it be unload, loading cars, splitting belts, etc.

I've got friends in preload that have been in the sort aisle for 15-20 years, and still love it.

It used to be a "skilled position" with a small pay raise, but that's been done away with, now that PASS is around.

PT Car Washer

True. Unless you are the top seniority unloader and than you can be the first to cut out every night. Sometimes 5 minutes after the sort starts if everyone shows up.

PT Car Washer

Thereby forfeiting your rights to everything except to go home, have a beer and be with your family before you go to your FT job tomorrow morning.